Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday and Coffeecake and a Valentine Dinner

I slept very well last night. I only awoke once and went right back to sleep. I got up shortly before 5:00 AM. I will bake my coffeecake after I feed Missy and myself breakfast. I guess it will get eaten. If not, I will bring it home for breakfasts and to share with Marilyn R, my neighbor. She really likes it.

We are having a catered Valentine Day dinner after church even though Valentine Day isn't until Tuesday. Many of our number live over 30 miles away and are elderly and do not need to drive at night anymore. There are too many deer out after dark. We see them dead along the highways all the time.

I finally received another of our textbooks yesterday in the mail. That should give us 6 books now and enough for us to share so I will not have to make copies of our lessons.

I'd better get our breakfasts and get back to this later....so...more later.

We've had our breakfasts and I have made the coffeecake and read the paper as well as done the crossword puzzle. Now I need to ice the coffeecake.  Then I will be ready for the day. I will read my lesson for Church School.

so..more even later...

Everything went well at church including the well catered dinner. Almost everyone filled dishes of leftovers to take home.

When I got home, I did my newsletters and then lay on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. I had done all the dishes and was on my feet for too long. I needed the rest. It's still been under four weeks since my surgery.

Bob came in early and we watched the news and some of 60 Minutes.  It was mostly about the Grammys and neither of us are much impressed with what today's kids say is "music".  To me, it's mostly noise.  He left early and Missy and I continued to lay on the sofa after my shower until 8:00 when I finally just gave up and we went to bed.

No comments: