Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday and Utopia and Cinnamon Roll Day

It was another night of little sleep. I awoke at 2:30, dozed off and on until 3:45 and finally just got up. It is almost 4:00 AM  now.  I began to think about the TV antenna Betty, my landlady, is planning to have installed for each of us in the fourplex. I don't know when she plans to have Curtis do that. She wanted me to be the test apartment. However,  I leave on November 29th for Florida and Ashley's college graduation.  Keith and Esther will be here on Wednesday the 22nd for Thanksgiving. They will be leaving on Saturday 25th for Wichita to catch their plane home.  So, Wednesday, the 29th, I leave for Florida. That's a small window of opportunity for that antenna to be installed.  She may have to wait until after December the 10th when I get home again. I'd better text her today about that.

I will go to exercise class today and then afterward, several of us will go to Utopia for cinnamon rolls and Utopiachinos.  First, I will need to go to the bank. I am nearly out of money.  I still have to buy the groceries for the Waldorf salad and corn casserole I take to Leslie's for Thanksgiving. I want to get some sausage or bacon for breakfast when Keith and Esther are here. I haven't cooked breakfast in ages...except for my oatmeal.

We will finish up the beef vegetable soup for lunch today. Bob bought some really good cheese that we eat with our crackers with that soup. I still have two cupcakes too for dessert.

We have a basket dinner at church on Sunday and an election of officers too. Vivian will be here for that. I will make a meatloaf for that dinner. I will need to put the frozen ground beef in the frig to thaw for that today too.  I will need stewed tomatoes for that meatloaf too. I will also take a green bean casserole so I will need a few more things... like those onion rings.  I think I have the cream of mushroom soup that goes in that casserole. I may forgo the coffeecake since I have to make up the meatloaf and the green bean casserole that morning.  I will need to check my recipes for anything else.

If we have any leftover meatloaf, we will have that for lunch on Monday with boiled potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad. I may make pudding for dessert.  We already have cookies to go with that.

More later....

Several of us did go to Utopia after exercises and I had a cinnamon roll and my Utopiachino. I brought the second one home and put it in the freezer for this evening.   We will have  a little later lunch.

At lunchtime, as usual, the soup was very good and I sent the one serving we had left home with Bob.

I spent the afternoon sweeping up leaves from the carport off and on. There's no keeping it clean as long as the leaves are falling.  But I am working at it. I do not want the mess tracked into the clean apartment.   I also started a new book on my kindle.

Bob came over to watch the news later in the day and we watched Brooks and Shields on PBS. We both enjoy their analysis of the weeks news. Bob left at 7:00. I took my bath and put my PJs on and watched TV with Missy and ate the Utopiachino while lying on the sofa. At 9:00 Missy and I went on to bed.




No comments: