Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday and Exercises Again

Bob is going to pick me up for exercise class this morning. I drove on Monday. I will also go to Asbury Village this afternoon and play Bunco.

I will put the soup back in the slow cooker to warm it up this morning while we are at exercise class.  Bob is going to get some sharp cheddar cheese and also bring some crackers.

As I was reading yesterday afternoon, I got up out of my chair to stand up and did not realize my right foot was asleep. That foot collapsed and I fell on the floor and it took a moment to recover and see if I was hurt. The right foot aches slightly and did all night but it doesn't appear to be sprained. Strange..it wasn't even tingling so I wasn't aware it was asleep.

I awoke at 1:30 this morning and lay in bed for an hour and a half to try to get back to sleep. It didn't happen. I got up at 3:00 again. It's quarter after 3:00 now and too late to take Zzzquil. The diphenhydramine found in all sleep aids breaks through the brain barrier and can cause memory problems and even dementia. So I hesitate to take it. I have enough trouble with my memory already.

My younger son has the same problem trying to sleep. We just can't seem to turn off our minds. They have the move to think about and I have the trip to Florida to think about and the decision about what to do about my bladder problem.  I still can't decide. Gay's sister says the pessary she wore to support her bladder bothered her. It has to be removed every month and washed in soap and water and then reinserted.  And that sounds like a mess to deal with each month.

More later...

I have the soup in the slow cooker to warm up. Before I leave for exercise class, I will turn it down to "warm".

More even later...

The soup was very good! We will have it again on Friday.  Tomorrow we will go down to Dinks in Bartlesville and have Bar BQ.

Leslie contacted me on my way home from town and told me to drop by US Cellular and look at a smartphone she wants to get me for my birthday. I did that but they were too busy to help my before Bunco so I told them I would come back later.   

I will go on to Bunco at Asbury Village and maybe I will sleep better tonight.

After Bunco, I stopped by the US Cellular store again and picked up the phone. It is just the right size! It still fits into the outside pocket of my purse! It will take awhile for me to decipher the programs.  I will have to work at it. I am thrilled with the gift though! She asked me if I wanted an Amazon Alexis or a smartphone and I decided on the smartphone. I would like to have an Alexis but I wanted the smartphone worse.

When I got home, Bob came to do a couple of loads off laundry and watch the news. I worked on the smartphone..trying to figure it out. And after he left, I took my bath and after I put my PJs on, I laid down with Missy to watch Dateline. At 9:00, Missy and I went on to bed.

2 comments:

marlu said...

Your foot incident happened to me several years ago! Folded right under and I felt no tingling either. I did have it checked out (x-ray) and they thought there was a crack in one of the small bones but it healed up just fine. I did try to keep weight off of it for a few days.
Isn't older age fun? (I'm 86.)

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is! Old age is not for sissies! I will be 82 on December 2nd. Thanks for dropping by!