Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday and a Cold Rain

I really was cold last night in bed here in Florida. I finally got up and came into the living room and got a nice heavy afghan and put it over my covers and crawled back into a warmer bed. I slept well last night and got up at my usual 5:00 this morning and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. The house is still chilly of course because Scott's fire went out late last night. 

I would like to get my hair done today if we go into town for anything. I washed it myself several days ago but it has not really looked like anything since. Tomorrow is Ashley's graduation from collage and I would like it and me to look a lot better. At 82, that's not easy. I want to take several pictures and I may be in some of them.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and no one else is up yet so I am not turning on the TV and will just work on the blog or read. I finished the murder mystery yesterday evening. But I still have several borrowed books from Amazon and the two Bill gave me for my birthday.

I am so happy Keith got my Outlook 2016 mail program fixed last night. All outgoing mail's fonts were so tiny that it had to be set at size 36 to even been seen as I typed. When I sent it off, the recipient received a huge font.  He figured it out in about 15 minutes. He said every edition of Outlook was slightly different and this one was no different from all the others.

The little notebook has served it's purpose. It has kept me in touch with everyone who matters to me in my life....at least those whose e-mail addresses were in the notebook.  Now that Outlook is working properly I can use it as my second computer. Ginger offered me her old Apple but I really don't need it with two PCs. I'd have to learn "Apple".

The wind has blown violently the past two days and it rained all night. Luckily, Scott put the hurricane curtains down last night or everything on the covered patio would be soaked.  The wind blows the rain horizontally off that river behind them. It was pouring in on everything Wednesday before he put that center post back in so he could get the large center curtain all the way down.

What with the hurricanes and everything else, living in Florida is not all it's made out up to be.

More later....

The kids did a run before lunch. Then after they had their showers, we left for Amalia Island for my hair appointment. The woman that did it did a good job and I am satisfied. Last year the one that did it tried to cover me with curls...which is not my style at all.

We had thought about going to a movie but there was really nothing on right now.

John Alvey died yesterday. Bob A. contacted me about it. I am amazed! He had only been sick less then a month. Wendy, his wife, on the other hand, has been taking chemo for weeks..perhaps months. I don't know how she is doing through all of this. They ran the Dalton Defender's museum when I worked there briefly.

The kids and I went to a restaurant and had a really healthy lunch.

More later....

This is Scott and Ginger's pool from the living room. It was way too chilly to use it this time.


After we got home we watched a Disney movie about a cross country running team from Mcfarland, California. It was very good!

Now Scott and Ginger and Chloe, the dog, took off in the golf cart to go check the mail. It's 46 degrees and raining now.

More even later...

Ginger made up some broccoli snacks and she and Scott ate them while we watched a Christmas Story on Apple TV

At 8:30 or so, I went to bed. I was exhausted. I don't know why except that  I have been exhausted a good time of the time that I have been here...for some reason.

Tomorrow is Ashley's graduation ceremony. We will be leaving for Savanna at 10:00.

 
   

No comments: