Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thursday and Ginger Comes Home!

Today, Ginger comes home from Nashville. She has been gone quite awhile visiting her daughter and helping with her daughter's new baby. Ginger's mom is there too so I imagine they have had a great time. This is Ginger's first grandchild and she is thrilled....of course.

While she was there, she rented a condo for Scott and her to live in after the first of the year when Ginger starts her new job there. They have had enough of hurricanes. They have been through two in eighteen months. Matthew last year and Irma this year. They hope the house sells right away but if it doesn't, they may move back to Florida later and Ginger may get her old job back. That's an option anyhow.

We got a taste of a gale sized wind last evening when Scott had to roll the hurricane blinds down to protect the back patio and table.  He screwed the middle brace in on them to keep the large one from breaking. That's how hard the wind blew. I mopped the floor and we left the fans on out there overnight hoping to dry the rest of the floor and the cushions. Whew!

Ginger will be coming in around noon. Her vehicle is at the airport parking. So she will be driving in by herself. In the meantime, Scott wants to go into town again and buy some groceries.  The house seems to be full of food but I imagine he knows what he wants. I need some all purpose contact cleaner in a travel sized bottle. I am getting low.

Keith may contact me this afternoon or this evening to fix the font on my notebook. First he needs to enjoy being back with his wife.

I have had my oatmeal and first cup of coffee this morning. Scott is sleeping late for some reason. It is 6:30 here and he is still asleep.That's unheard of. He usually sleeps poorly.  I got up at 5:00.

I will turn the TV on low.  Be back later....

He slept late because he was awake most of the night. He says he was planning their move.  He did face time Ginger just before she left for the airport and visited with her again after she got there.  She should be in about 12:00 and we will eat at a restaurant in Jacksonville. She says it may be almost 1:00 before she gets her luggage but she will meet us at the restaurant.

Scott got a haircut after breakfast at Carolyn's. Then we went by Walmart so I could get some contact cleaner.  He bought some Zzzquil.  Then we went by Publex and he bought some wine. After that we came home. Scott is clearing the fireplace ash so he can start a fire in it. It is chilly this morning at 53 degrees.

I read until nearly noon and then I told Scott it was nearly noon so we took off for Jacksonville to meet Ginger for lunch. We had a really good lunch! I had a chicken salad.

When we got home I continued my book. It's nearly finished.

More later... I finished the book. It was a cliff hanger!

Later in the evening, we watched an old chick flick...When "Harry Met Sally"! As usual, it was hilarious!

It's just 7:50 now and I don't want to go to bed until 9:00 or I'll be up in the middle of the night.

No comments: