Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sunday and a Busy Day

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I woke up twice and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I finally just got up about 4:45 and dressed and got myself ready for church. I fed myself and Missy and then baked my coffeecake for the Sunday School classes. They ate all but one piece.

Church was well planned. We had a small congregation. Several were doing their holiday thing. But afterward four of us drove up to Cherryvale and had a good lunch at "Just Us".  Kay is fixing Christmas dinner there and Bob and I reserved a place for that on Christmas Day. Leslie is on call Christmas weekend and I will have them over for treats and a gift exchange on Christmas Eve.

I came home and did my church newsletters and afterward picked up Karan and Phyllis for the holiday open house and cookie exchange at John and Leslie's house. We left about 4:30 because I really didn't want to drive after dark. She had a smaller group then usual.  But there was a wide variety of cookies. I took my peanut clusters. I brought back a variety of cookies and left most of my peanut clusters there for the exchange.They went over well. The deer are thick around there after dusk. I sure didn't want to hit one.

I heard Rick and Carmen come back this evening. They were out of town this weekend and not at church. They said they would be there next weekend though. They are such good kids!

It's 9:00 now...my bedtime. More tomorrow. Tomorrow I will post some photos I took at John and Leslie's party.

No comments: