Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept well and woke up only  one time...about 2:00. I went to the bathroom and also took my thyroid med. then went back to bed.

I soon fell asleep again and woke up at 5:13. I got up then. I dressed and got myself ready for the day.  Then I came in to check my e-mail, feed Missy and myself . The first thing I noticed was that I had e-mail. I had received an e-mail from the First Christian Church on the way home last evening and had tried to forward it on to Bob A.  He said he didn't get it. I tried to send it again this morning but although I could receive mail, I couldn't send any. So I contacted my Cox Service Plan. He looked the situation over and told me I would have to contact tier 2 service since it was a server problem.

I gave him my phone number and he called me and then transferred me to tier 2. I spent an hour on the phone with tier 2 and  ended up having to change my password. to get back to where I could send out mail. Then I had to go into the den and do the same thing with my little XP Dell computer. He said I would have to do the same thing in my phone.

I thanked him and tried sending a test e-mail. Hooray! It worked again.

I loaded up the three cakes in the trunk and went to pick up Bob. He brought his cake out too so now we had four to put in the freezer at church. Luckily we go right by there to go to Independence.

I got my hair done and we went to their US Cellular to get my e-mail fixed on their site. While I was waiting to see a representative, I figured it out myself, Then we went on out to their larger Walmart and bought a few groceries. After that, we browsed around Goodys until time to go to Great China. We had orange chicken for lunch. Then I took Bob home and came home myself.

I had received my coffee, tea and hot chocolate that I had ordered from Keurig last week.

I put that stuff away and checked my mail.

I had several pieces and also need to call my landlady so I will get back to this later....

I called Betty and she will send her maintenance man to fix my living room door. It has popped open twice this month...letting cold air in . My electric bill (I am all electric) is almost $300 for January.

Later Leslie called and wants me to go out to church at 8:00 in the morning to let the man from Derailed Economy in to measure for our carpet there.

She has ordered the new chairs. We will also buy extra fabric to cover the deacon benches. Four of our men prefer a pew. So we are going to re-cover our two deacon benches and the two pews at the back with the same fabric as the chairs and put one deacon bench where Mike sits, and one on the other side at the same place where John sits. We will put two chairs along side of the small deacon benches on each side. We will also have the two regular pews at the very back where Rick sits on the south end and Bill sits on the north end.  That will allow for one more row of chairs on each side at the front.

Having 50 chairs instead of all pews will allow flexibility for those who prefer to sometimes set the chairs in a circle for special services.  Some of our pews are really showing wear. They were bought in 1969 and re-covered when we moved into our new building in 1999.

We are putting down commercial grade carpet this time instead of plush.  The plush has a "beat down" look and is wearing down the center aisle.

I took my bath early and lay with Missy on the sofa and watched TV until almost 9:00. Then Missy and I went to bed.


No comments: