Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tuesday and Cake Day and a Hairdo

I slept very well last night and only woke up once. Then after some deep breathing I got back to sleep until 5:00.

I got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself. When it gets light outside, I want to clean out her litter box and wash it and refill it with all clean litter. I bought a smaller, lighter box yesterday at the Dollar General store.

It;s supposed to get up to 79 degrees today. It's a wonder we are not all ill since just on Sunday it was 27 degrees. Our bodies cannot keep up with the temperature swings.

I will leave about 8:15 to take the cakes up to Independence to the First Christian Church before I go to my hair appointment.  Then perhaps I can get the vacuuming done when I get back home. I meant to do it yesterday but after Leslie called I put it off another day. We had a great trip to Bartlesville and a good visit.

More later....

I got the vacuuming done and the bare floors as well.

About 1:20, as I was resting, Carol Henson called to tell me my good friend, Bill Henson, her husband, had died at 1:00 of a heart attack. I fixed a dish and took it up to her . Her daughter and granddaughter were there and while we were visiting, Carol came home. She wants our church to do the service. She attends the First Baptist Church with her daughter but he came to our church the last 20 years or so. She said he would want our church to do it since he attended there. Carol will let me know the time and what day the service will be held.  It will be held at Potts Chapel in Independence. Leslie says she will do it. She thinks it would make me too emotional. She's probably right.

I am heartsick about it.

I see Missy is ready for her treats and I'd better get them for her.

More later...

 Image may contain: house, sky, tree and outdoor
This is the front of the new house my son and daughter -in-law will build this year. He just posted photos of it.

More later...

Scott called me this evening and told me about this apartment  above the garage called a mother-in-law area. It is to be complete living space even with a small kitchen. If either Linda or I need to come live with them, it will be a separate home for privacy. It is above the three car garage.

 Image may contain: house and outdoor
Both he and Ginger texted to console me over the loss of my dear friend, Bill, this afternoon.

Missy and I watched a documentary this evening about the second world war and Briton's part in saving their little island with the help of American fighter planes. It was interesting. Afterward, we went to bed.at 9:00.  I didn't get to sleep until after 9:30.

5 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That house is gorgeous !

SO sorry about your friend : (

I agree..these temperature swings are crazy / same here.

It's been this way for years now. How can anyone still deny climate change?

Galla Creek said...

Wow...is what I say to the house. So glad they are
away from all those winds in Florida.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It's amazing that they are still denying climate change. Do they ever spend any time outside, or even look out a window? Very strange. Our Spring is at least a month later than what used to be normal. I guess there isn't going to be a normal anymore.

marlu said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Marlu and Deb. I am heartbroken. I can't imagine how Carol must feel to lose Bill so suddenly.