Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saturday and Mayfest in Caney

I slept well until 3:00 AM and then went in to go to the bathroom and take my med. I had just got back to bed when Missy did her little "mew" alarm and that told me she had missed the litter box and wet on the bathmat under it. Sure enough that was it. I wiped up the floor with an old rag, put the mat in the washer with the other two and put the last clean mat under the litter box. Then this morning I finally gave up trying to sleep and just got up at 4:00 AM again. I started the laundry with the mats in it and will put it in the dryer before I go in to feed Missy.  I will just stay home for breakfast. I haven't heard from Bob in a couple of days. He and Joanne must be very busy.

Missy is ready for her breakfast so I will get back to this later....

I have fed Missy and myself. I put that laundry in the dryer too. I don't know whether I will go over to Mayfest at Caney or not.  It may depend on how I feel later this morning. I usually go but either take Bob or Karan and Karan has gone to Texas to visit her sister.

I may go up to Independence again later to get my makeup base if the Merle Norman store is open on Saturdays. If I do that, I will also check on Juanita.  

Alexa (my Echo) is playing my favorite Kenny Rogers music now and the song playing right now is "You Can't Make New Old Friends" and that always reminds me of my old friend, Bill.  He died last month and I sure miss him. There's an empty spot in his pew at church and in my heart. He was one of my dearest friends. We had been friends since I was 50 years old. That's 32 years. My other oldest friend is Gay. I have known her since she was 14 and I was 17 and she will turn 80 in September. It's true "you can't make new old friends".

Yesterday would have been my Bob's 88th birthday and a day doesn't go by that I don't miss him.

I will get back to this later. I just checked on Missy and she is in on my bed. I also left some of the laundry in the dryer and set it for another 15 minutes.

More later...It is 6:00 now and I want to watch the CBS news.

Back again...

I got the mats out of the dryer and the bras hanging on the shower rod to dry.  Missy is still on my bed napping. I have had my coffee and breakfast and a cup of Chai and one of cappuccino. I am full!.

I am feeling pretty good now so I may go on over to Mayfest at Caney.

So more even later..

Well, I did! I went to Mayfest briefly. I stayed perhaps a half hour and then Gay called and invited me to come up to Chanute for lunch. I bought June Friesberg's book and then left for Chanute. I got there shortly before she did. She had gone to an auction down the road. She soon arrived and we went in out of the heat.  She fixed lunch and we ate and then went into the living room and visited for a couple of hours. I left at 3:00 PM and got home about 4:00 PM . We had a good visit! I had left the windows up during my visit. The support I use for my phone on the dash came loose...not from the dash but from the adhesive that held the two parts of it together.

I used some gorilla glue and put the windows down so it might adhere. We will see what happens. I hope it holds.

Missy must have slept all day. The litter box was clean. I don't know what to expect this evening or tonight but I can probably guess.

The news will be on shortly......at least by 5:30 PM. At 7:00 PM, I will take my bath and then watch some Amazon Prime T.V. until 9:00 PM when I will go to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Old friends are diamonds. So glad you have Gay. My friend jonell and I have been friends since we were 8 years old. She is special to me!

Margie's Musings said...

I agree. It's wonderful you were able to stay in touch all those years.