Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Cut Day

I slept fairly well last night. I did wake up at 3:00 to go to the bathroom and take my med. Missy had wet on the last of the bathmats Bob gave me. I put it in the washer and just left the litter box setting on the bare floor. When I got up this morning, she had wet all over the bathroom floor. So I mopped it. Then I put my own bathmat under the litter box. If she wets on that, I will have to wash the entire group.

I turned over in bed to feel if she was still on the bed and she scratched my right hand. I got up to put antibiotic ointment on it and a band aid.  That really upset me. It has been awhile since she has scratched me to draw blood and a long time since she has bit me. The last time she did that, I took a newspaper to her and scared her good.  She's old, I know, but she has begun to get pretty crotchety in her old age.

I will leave for Independence in a couple of hours. This is the day I get my hair cut and it really needs it.

I have texted Bob to see if he plans to go along and visit his sister, Betty.  He may be in the shower right now since I haven't heard from him yet.

He just texted me that he had sent me a message but I didn't get anything from him. I'll see if it ever comes. I will just call. The call went straight to voice mail after ringing twice.

He said he had tried to call me and got no answer and I had the same experience.  Strange...He is coming over shortly.

More later....

He came over for a visit and while he was here he used Marilyn's wasp spray and killed the wasps that were making a nest. After he left, I took the wasp spray back over to Marilyn's. Then I went on to Independence for my hair appointment. Then I went to their Walmart to buy a few things. It's not six and a half miles away like ours is.

When I got home, I called Gary and he wanted to give me back the DVDs. He had watched all he wanted to and seen some of them twice. I met him downstairs and he returned them. Then I took them over to Joanne's. They wanted to see some of them. He was there working on a Bar B Q cooker ....trying to put it together..

Then I came home and fixed my lunch and ate it. Then I watered the flowers I had planted.

More later...Missy wants to go back outside.

We went outside but the wind was up and Missy doesn't like the wind any more then I do. So we came back inside.

I see Alan's truck is leaking oil. I called Rick and told him it was making quite a puddle on the carport. They moved it but they may have taken it to Rick's work site where they have a mechanic on duty. I put some kitty litter on the oil to try to absorb it.

After we came back in Missy crawled up on my bed and took a nap. I baked some cookies and had a cup of milk with two of them.

It's 5:30 now and I am watching the news.

More even later...

At 7:00 Missy and I watched a TV documentary on the assassination of President Garfield. I hadn't realized what an inspiring person he had been. It was very interesting!

At 9:00, we went on to bed.


No comments: