Thursday, July 5, 2018

Thursday and a Lunch with Gay

I slept well considering all the noise. And even though I got up twice last night, I managed to get back to sleep until 5:00AM, my regular rising time.

I had an e-mail from one of the widows of a deceased classmate and she reminded me that another of my classmates had passed away this week. I saw the obit but forgot to send it out to the classmates. I was glad she reminded me. I am class locator for my class of 1953 and  I keep track of all that as well as I can. I also send out a class newsletter in the week between Christmas and New Years. My classmates keep me supplied with the money for two rolls of stamps and two ink cartridges. I provide the paper and envelopes. There are 128 of us left and we have lost at least 138.  I have lost track of 27 classmates over the years.

I need to get my breakfast and I will get back to this later...

I've had my breakfast and even taken Missy out while I watered my flowers. She got ornery though so I made her come back in.  She is unhappy about that.

It's 10:05 and Emmett still has not yet come. I have left a note on the door for him. I will leave in 30 minutes for Chanute. I will leave the door unlocked so he can get in and get his job finished. He will have to lock it when he is finished. I hate to do that but I am tried of waiting around for plumbers and  maintenance men. I will be gone for another week for camp starting on Saturday and I cannot just reschedule his job any way he might want. I still have all that stuff from under the sink laying on the daybed in the den. I only hope he cleans up the bathroom after himself. I spent some time cleaning up a mess after the plumber. I raised my family to "if you make the mess, you clean it up".

More later...

Emmett never came! He never brought Carmen the carpet cleaner either. She took the day off to clean the carpet. I still have that gaping hole under my bathroom sink and I am leaving Saturday morning for camp. I will be gone a week.

I have tried to call Betty on both her phones and got the answering machines on both.  She has gone to the lake and has no signal there.

It is 3:05 now and I don't know whether Emmett will ever make it today. How aggravating!

More later....

Emmett dropped the carpet cleaner by at 5:00. He had had an "emergency" at 5:00AM today and worked on that all day. Carmen had just gone to rent a machine at Dollar General. Luckily I was able to get hold of Rick and he got to Dollar General just in time to get her to return it. I was really angry and I told him Emmett was leaving Saturday morning for camp and would be gone a week. Friday was the only day I would be there to let him in for a week. He said he would come at 10:00AM in the morning. We will see.

I lay with Missy on the sofa after I finished my yogurt this evening and we watched a couple of episodes of "Cheers" before Missy and I went to bed at 9:00PM.What an exhausting day!

No comments: