Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday and a Quiet Day

I slept pretty well last night although for the second time in a week, in the middle of the night some sort of alarm went off on my cell phone. I never could figure out what caused it so I will make a trip to US Cellular, my cell phone store, this morning to have them figure it out.  The alarm went off at 1:15AM last night. The first time it did that it was 2:30AM. Weird!

Friday was strange anyhow. That evening while Missy and I were watching Amazon Prime TV, I had a phone call and that woman caller said she was conducting a political survey and asked me to participate. I agreed. She asked me about 15 questions about myself and my political affiliation. Then she asked me who I intended to vote for for congress. I told her that I was a registered Republican but I didn't vote the ticket. I almost always chose to vote for the candidate I knew the most about and was impressed with regardless of political party. She asked me to choose between Watkins and Davis and I told her I had met and spent the evening with a group of Democrats and Davis when he ran for governor (and lost) several years ago. She proceeded to tell me some things about him that I did not believe and I told her I would never vote for a candidate that would participate in a "smear" campaign and then I hung up. I was disgusted. She was carefully pushing Watkins and since I realized that, I determined I would NOT vote for Watkins..

I hate "smear" campaigns. 

Right now I need to get my breakfast and also Missy's. So..more later...

Both Missy and I have had our breakfasts now.  And for some strange reason I have TV this morning. I had it last night too and was able to watch 60 Minutes. I wonder if the cooler weather has anything to do with that? It is 67 this morning. Missy and I went outside for awhile while it was relatively cool and she behaved for a change. When Merrill began mowing and making a lot of noise she was ready to come back in.

More later...

As soon as 10:00AM came I went over to US Cellular to have them check my cell phone to see why it has been waking me up with an alarm in the middle of the night.  The manager did everything she knew to do and told me if it still happened to come back and she would look even further. She thought it might be one of the unused apps.She deleted everything I do not use. I'll  give that a try. I told her I went to "settings" and checked that out the first time it happened but didn't see anything to cause it.

I stopped by the Dollar General store and bought more litter and by the Braums store and bought more milk. I should be fixed now. I hope so anyhow.

When I got home, Phyllis called and wanted to bring her cake over. 

I turned on the TV and it is tearing again. It might have something to do with the heat although it's just 83 degrees now. Weird!

More even later....

The mail came at 2:00PM or so and I had some to read. Karan called  and had her cake ready to bring over so I got mine in the oven too. It is out now and cooling. I should go and ice it now. I did contact Bob about baking his and he was going to get his in the oven too.

I watched some Forensic Files on Amazon Prime while the cake was baking. Then I played some solitaire on my computer while the cake was cooling I need to ice the cake. I'd better do that now.

I got my cake iced and took my bath afterward and laid down to watch Amazon Prime. Later, for some reason, I was able to watch the football game this evening and the news...on the TV. It's a mystery!

Later that evening while Missy and I were watching Perry Mason about 7:00PM, Bob brought his cake over. Now I have all four of the Coffeyville cakes. I have a 9:00AM hair appointment tomorrow morning and afterward I will take the cakes up to the First Christian Church in Independence.  Then I will come on back home.

Missy and I have gone on to bed at 8:45PM. I am very tired.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It is hot here. I am ready for cooler.

Glad you were able to get through the night without unbearable pain.

I have quit speaking to political folks. All have an agenda.

Everything is hype. The storm in S. C. one weatherman was acting as if
the wind was blowing him over when in the background two guys walked by
easy peasy. They want to scare us with everything that come along. Even
the news is ruined. They also have an agenda!

Well, that is my rant for today, Margie. Just ignore me. I could not sleep
last night. Woke up at 3. I don't say much about it but it occurs every 2 or
3nd night it seems.

Margie's Musings said...

Try some 5 mg melatonin, Sister-Three. It is a chemical your body makes naturally but the blue light emitted from computers, smart phones and TVs destroys it. I tried 2 mgs but that was not strong enough. So my doctor suggested the 5mg dosage. It helps me to sleep naturally.