Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thursday and Thanksgiving Day

I slept well until 4:00AM this morning. Then Missy got real restless and I couldn't get back to sleep. I finally just gave up and got up. I made up my bed and dressed. I still have to go brush my teeth and make up my face for the day.  But now Missy is back here on the trundle again. Darn Cat!

Keith wants to tweak the antenna some more again this morning. Our reservations at Just Us are for noon and I told everyone not to be late. There is a dinner at 12:00 noon and one at 1:00PM and we can't be late. Ours is at 12:00 noon.

After dinner, Esther wants to take me out to Walmart and buy me a birthday gift. My birthday is a week from Sunday on December 2nd.  I will be 83. I don't know what I need and I am limited on space here in the apartment but the thought is nice! I will humor her and appreciate it.

More later...I want to finish getting ready for the day and then feed Missy.

I got all that done and then I baked my coffeecake. Keith and I had coffeecake.  Esther didn't get up until 8:30AM. She was really tired.

Keith has gone out to Walmart to get a clamp to put on the pole that holds the antenna. We will go out again this afternoon after lunch. They want to get me that birthday gift.

I watched some TV this morning and after about an hour and a half the picture began tearing again....just now and then. I may have to mess with the rotor on that TV antenna to tune it in better. I dread that because Kyle said the antenna only turned so far and then just jerked back and forth. If I get it messed up I may not have a picture at all. Right now I have six stations....all Tulsa.

We will leave about 11:15 to go to Cherryvale for the buffet. I don't want to be late.

Keith is back with the clamp he wants to put on the TV antenna pole.  So, more later...

He got that fixed well.  And I have more TV now. We left at 11:30AM for the restaurant.

 Image may contain: 9 people, including Leslie Brooks and Margie Miller, people smiling, people standing

This is the entire family at the Just Us restaurant in Cherryvale following our Thanksgiving dinner.
Left to right: Esther, Keith, Leslie, Christina with Kylie in front of her, John, with Mia in front of him, Kyle with me in front of him.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving meal.

Then Keith and Esther took me to Walmart in Coffeyville and bought me a small cart I can take the trash over with and bring the cat food in with. That is my Christmas gift so I won't lift anything too heavy. They bought a microwave bacon rack for my microwave when I want to cook bacon. This gift is for my birthday.

Then we came back to my apartment and Keith helped me take the leaves out of my table and put them away and he also assembled the cart.

More later....

Keith and Esther got their flight changed after all. The airline offered them a ticket change to a n earlier flight for $75.00 additional change each. That beat $200., which s what they originally offered.  So they are leaving earlier so Keith can get some rest before he gets his flight to Morocco.

We watched TV until 9:00PM when we all went to bed. It was another huge day!


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You are blessed, Margie, wonderful children!

Margie's Musings said...

I know! I am so blessed!