Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday and a Busy Day

This was a busy day. I got up rather early. It was before 5:00AM But then I dressed, had my breakfast and watched the Tulsa and the CBS news until mid morning. Then I worked on sending out all the Class Newsletters by attachment to e-mail for those that had e-mail.

Scott called this morning and we had a nice visit!

I got that finished and then sent Leslie the newsletter as an attachment to e-mail.  She took it over or forwarded it to their print shop there at Four County Mental Health. And in an hour, she notified me that it was finished. She was in Sedan so I had to wait until she got back in Independence before going up there to pick up the printed newsletters.

I notified John W. about the cost and that Leslie had already paid for it and we could just re-reimburse her the $24.  I would also need a $50.00 check for the stamps. I went out on Walnut Street where his office is located and picked up the two checks and stopped at the post office and bought the stamps. It only cost a little over $20.00 to have 64 of the newsletters printed off. I had already printed off the envelopes a week or so ago here at home. I provided the envelopes and I did have to buy a printer cartridge but some of my classmates had sent me donations and I had enough of that money to buy the cartridge. I usually go through two cartridges of ink printing the newsletters off myself and at $40.00 each that is expensive and hard on my little printer too. So generally it costs about $80.00 in print cartridges and $50.00 in stamps to get them in the mail. Plus all the time that takes. This was a piece of cake! It took me an hour to fold, stuff, and stamp the 64 I had printed and take them up to the post office.  And it's all done for another year.

I also stopped while I was in Independence and paid my Goody's bill and picked up Missy's ashes. They had called me yesterday and told me they could be picked up. I hadn't even thought about getting the ashes. I didn't get Slinky's ashes when I had him cremated almost six years ago. And now today in the mail I also got a nice sympathy card from Dr. Barta's staff. That's a nice gesture.

It just occurred to me that it's almost 4:00PM and I haven't eaten a thing all day. I guess I will warm up some vegetable soup or make myself some Sloppy Joes. I am hungry!

More later...

I watched some TV CBS news  and then took my bath and put my PJs on to lay on the sofa and watched some more Amazon Prime TV until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

No comments: