Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday and a Griefstricken Day

I am up at 4:00AM again but have had my sleep out and feel fine. I really don't have anything going today. Tomorrow I will have my hair done at 8:30AM. I took my gifts out to John and Leslie's yesterday afternoon...all but Leslie's. I am still looking for the rest of her gift to come in the mail. It may come on December 19th. I hope so. Otherwise I may just have to try to wrap it to take it to her.

Maybe I will do some cleaning today...who knows.

I will get dressed now and get ready for my day. I will feed Missy and myself and watch the news. When Missy sees me up and getting around, she may get up.

I do need to get stamps today to get the newsletters in the mail.

More later...

I fed myself and Missy and have been watching the Tulsa news.  The CBS news doesn't come on until 9:00AM. That's what I'm really interested in watching. Since I haven't nothing else going today, I will go to post office today and buy my stamps and get my cards and letter in the mail. Maybe I will get the ingredients for the Christmas dinner. I am waiting until the post office opens because I want to get some more Christmas stamps to get the letters in the mail.

Bob Avery texted me this morning that they were having a brunch at the senior center for those born in December and asked me to come join them since my birthday was December 2nd. So I went up there. When I got home I found that Missy had been very sick and thrown up a couple of times. I cleaned that up and then loaded her up in the carrier to take her to Dr. Barta. She gagged all the way up there. He thought she might have a growth or obstruction of some sort in her throat.  She was 15 years old and would be 16 in March and had lost many of her teeth so we decided maybe it was time.

So I had her put down. I cried all the way home just as I did when I had Slinky, Scott's Shar Pei, put down. This time I simply could not go in while he put her down. She had been a lot of company and like a member of my family. We lay down together every evening and watched TV. She slept on my bed with me and cuddled up next to my back. I will miss her terribly. I cried for an hour or so.

She was grandfathered in this apartment but I am not to have another cat or pet now that she is gone and at my age that probably is smart.

I am going to watch the 5:00PM CBS News and it is going to seem very strange not to have my Missy Kitty lay down next to me to watch TV.

Maybe I will eventually get used to it.....

I lay down by myself this evening for the first time in 15+ years. It felt strange.  At 9:30PM, I went on to bed. I awoke at 2:15 and got up, went to the bathroom and took my med and a Bynadril for my drainage then went back to sleep. I was so upset today I guess between the Bynadril and having cried most of the afternoon, I slept well.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

So sorry. The love of a pet is like no other.

pat m said...

I'm so sorry..it's hard to lose a beloved pet.

marlu said...

It's so hard to let them go. Thinking of you and so sorry. They give us so much joy.

Galla Creek said...

So sad for you. I know it was a hard decision.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm so sorry. It's sad when we must make such a difficult decision about a beloved pet. She had a long comfy life with you.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, she did, Susie. Thanks..all you readers for commiserating with me. I was so upset yesterday. It will take a while to get over her loss. She was like another member of my family.

clairz said...

I've gotten behind in reading your blog and am very sorry to read about Missy. You were so good to her and so patient with her illnesses. She was a lucky cat.