Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night. I did wake up two times and one time went to the bathroom to take my thyroid med but I got right back to sleep and got up at my regular 5:00AM. I dressed for church, did my makeup and turned up the heat on the furnace.

I will have some oatmeal and Chai for breakfast this morning. That settles better on my stomach then bacon and eggs.

Bob will fix his banana nut bread this morning and also drive to church.  I don't know if Phyllis is in town or not. She had Christmas with her daughter in Overland Park.

I will get back to this later.

I have had my breakfast and watched the news..such as it was. I texted Bob A. and he is up although he slept later then usual. He doesn't have his banana nut bread in the oven yet. He is running a  little late, I guess.  It's only 7:14AM so he has plenty of time. We don't leave for church until 9:00AM.

More even later...

Bob came by shortly before 9:00AM and he had bought doughnuts at the Doughnut Palace instead of making his banana nut bread. That was good for a change. However, I suppose because of the holiday, we had a tiny little congregation this morning but the message was very good!

I came home and sent off five newsletters besides the ones I send by e-mail. Then I took the draft  schedule for the first quarter of 2019 over to Karan who had accidentally deleted it. She is up to speak next Sunday and didn't even know it. She seldom checks her e-mail.

Steve came and mulched our leaves this afternoon. I was so pleased! I had intended to wait until it warmed up some toward the middle of the week and was going to rake and bag them. I told him how much I appreciated his work. The yard looks so much better! I don't know how long it will last since there are still two trees that have not shed all their leaves altogether yet. But I am really grateful for all the mess that is gone.

More later...It is 3:15PM now.

I worked some on the sermon I have coming up on January 27th. Finally, went over to Brahms and bought my yogurt. That's what I generally have for supper. I buy six each week in a variety of flavors.

While I was working on the sermon, Bill Goodbar called. He was married to Bob's sister until she died about 2001 or 2002 or maybe 2003 when we lived in Independence. We only lived there three years so that's a close approximation of the date of her death. We moved back to Coffeyville in 2003. We visited awhile and he told me he would be 94 in 2019. I told him I would be 84 in 2019. He used to come visit me when he went fishing at Roaring River. He would drive over here and take me to dinner and we would visit. 

Emmet Came by late afternoon and climbed up in the attic to try to ascertain why my furnace filter was covered with some sort of black grime. It turn out one of the people who went into the attic had hit the duct work up there and 50 years of grime came down into the ductwork and into the furnace and covered both sides of the furnace filter.   

About 6:00PM, I took my bath and put my PJs on and I tried to watch the rest of the football game and then tried to watch 60 Minutes but the picture was tearing so I will watch 60 Minutes tomorrow morning on Amazon Prime.

Finally, I just turned over to Amazon Prime where I had a very clear picture and watched some Forensic Files. At 9:00PM, I went on to bed. I am very tired.

No comments: