Friday, January 4, 2019

Friday and Another Forgotten Date

I slept poorly last night. I awoke a couple of times but most unusually, I had trouble getting to sleep. I never have trouble getting to sleep since I am usually very tired before going to bed. Finally I took a Benadryl capsule. My sinus's were going crazy draining. That must have helped.

I actually got to sleep after going into the closet in the den and getting my stuffed Sharp Pei dog and taking it to bed with me. Somehow that was comforting and it reminded me of Slinky. I miss my cat, Missy, so much of the time anymore...especially in the evenings when she used to lie down with me on the sofa and watch TV. and at bedtime. She always slept with me.

Because it was so late before I got to sleep, I awoke late...almost 6:00AM. I had a date to meet with the Journal editor, Kim at Utopia at 8:00AM so I rushed around to get ready and get my breakfast over with. I got there about 5 minutes early. Again, she never showed up. I visited with Don, who works there,  for thirty minutes and finally left at 8:30AM. He wanted me to call her but she had made the date and she forgot last Friday too, so I wasn't going to trouble her again. I just came on home. I think I will go to Bartlesville today. It has been cold and I have stayed in quite a lot this week except for quick trips to the Dollar General store for odds and inns. I could use a break from that.

I really don't need a thing but I could have lunch and look around at the sales.  It would be a break from staying home.

So more later...

I called Nancy to see if she was home from David's and she never went for Christmas. She was sick and had to cancel. That's tragic! I know they were counting on her but when you're sick, you're sick. You certainly can't fly when you're sick.

They're angry with her but that's unreasonable. She was sick.  I called her the week before Christmas and she was sick then too. She had gone back to bed and was taking a nap. 

Anyhow, I asked her if she would like to go to Bartlesville with me and she wanted to go so I went over about 11:00AM  and we visited while I drove.  We walked around what is left of the mall there and then went to Dink's for lunch. This time I picked up the check. She had bought my lunch three times in a row. It was time for me to reciprocate. 

We had a good visit. And after lunch we came back to Caney and visited some more. I was telling her about a duplex I had read about in the Chronicle.  And we looked it up in her Chronicle and called about i. Steve and Suzanne owned it and it was for rent. And, it had a garage with a garage door opener.  We went to see it. It was large enough for my furniture.  It is $550. a month and $550 deposit. I thought about asking Betty to buy my refrigerator, stove and microwave for $550. This apartment has appliances furnished. The only problem would be a washer and dryer. It doesn't have a washer and dryer.  I could go to the laundry mat...no more laundry then I do...two loads a week. 

I would like Leslie to see it but she must be on call this weekend. She answered my text with one word..."busy".

I took Nancy home and then drove home myself. It gets dark at 6:00PM nowadays.

It's 7:00PM now and I will take my bath and get ready for bed. I am tired...but it's been a good day.   

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

I got behind on reading your blog, so when I checked in and found you talking about packing and moving, I had to scroll down a long way to find out where and why you were moving.