Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday and Sue's Funeral

I slept well last night and got up about 5:00AM and dressed and ate my oatmeal. I turned on the news and watched the pitiful news. There is so much violence in our world anymore. I should vacuum this morning since I hadn't got it done yet this week.

Sue's funeral is at 2:00PM this  afternoon. I am to pick up Phyllis at noon at her home. Then we picked up Karan too. Phyllis is going to work half a day. I want to go early to find the church where the funeral is being held in Neodesha. I was there last year after John died but I have slept since then.

When the CBS news is over I will vacuum.

More later....

I got the apartment vacuumed and the bare floors washed and read until time to go pick up Phyllis and Karan.

We went straight up to Neodesha and found the church where the service would be held. Then we went to the Pizza Hut there and had lunch. We got back to the church in plenty of time. The church filled up with friends and relatives.

The service went fine although they were a little long. Rick and Carmen came and John and Leslie and Cyndi were there.

Afterward Karan wanted to stop at a couple of gift shops there but they were closed. Then she wanted to stop at Independence and look around there too.We did that but most of the stores were closed at noon.

I will need to get up and have breakfast in the morning and put my coffeecake in the oven for the church school class tomorrow.

I got back to Caney by 4:00PM after dropping the women off at Coffeyville  and read the rest of the afternoon and finished my second book a little after 8:00PM when I took my bath and decided to finish this blog and watch the news until 9:00PM or so.


No comments: