Friday, March 29, 2019

Friday and Laundry Day

I slept completely through the night! I don't know how long it's been since I have done that but I really feel good this morning. I have done a load of laundry...even stripped my bed and washed the sheets and towels. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am working on my Chai latte now.

The desktop computer was down this morning.  I tried to boot it up but it just kept doing the little circles and wouldn't come up. When it finally did come up it wouldn't connect to my router.  So I did a hard reboot again and this time it did just fine. I don't know how long I will be able to baby it along but it's the only one attached to the printer so I really need it. I took down the little xp computer yesterday evening. The Quicken that I used to check my checkbook on all these years, finally died.That little computer was never able to access the internet after I moved here.  I still have the Dell laptop that Bob gave me back after he got offline. That's the one Scott gave me a couple of years ago. He has an Apple. In fact both my boys have Apples. I use that Dell it in the evenings. Then I am nursing along the desktop that Esther gave me several years ago. It is online through a USB wireless adapter that I had to buy at Walmart to even connect to the internet. The desktop was never able to access the router that Cox made me lease from them when I moved over here to Caney.

I got deposits from both boys today so I will have no trouble making my rent next Monday. The kids are all so good to me. Leslie and John take care of my immediate needs and the boys do help a lot with my financial needs. They are all such a blessing to me. I certainly realize how blessed I am.

I guess I have rambled on enough. I will go watch the weather on TV now and put the laundry in the dryer. This time next week I will be packed for World Conference. We will leave at 9:00AM next Friday and be gone a week. I intend to take my laptop with me and use it to connect to the internet if I can access the Auditorium's WiFi.

More later...

I have the laundry dried and put away.  And I have dusted the apartment. It is raining today or I would have mowed again. My yard is full of henbit. Spring! I'm not complaining. I just need to get it sprayed.

I have also downloaded and printed off the draft copy of the next quarter's preaching schedule. We are exempting Johnna. She is struggling after the death of her mom two weeks ago. Sue was in a car that was hit head on and three eighty year olds were killed outright. Her mom was one of them. A terrible tragedy.

More even later. John says he will come when this storm passes. He has several buckets of dirt for my flowerbed.

 More later...

As soon as the rain passed, John came and brought the dirt for my flowerbed, He even brought a small plow contraption and dug up the area before he added the dirt. He intended to trim the trees but they were in full bloom and wet from the rain so he decided to come back after the blooms fell off. He worked so hard on the flowerbed, I asked him to go to Eggberts with me and have lunch..I wanted to buy his lunch. He was a little hesitant about it but did agree to meet me there. We had a nice visit while we ate. He told me about their recent fishing trip.

He left after lunch..but later in the afternoon he brought by my 8 inch square dish that I make my coffeecake in. I had taken them the rest of the apple brown betty from the previous Sunday evening Living the Questions group meeting here. Only four of that group could come so I had plenty left.

I had read most of the day. I finished my second book of this trip to the library. I may take these books back tomorrow. I did get the dusting done.

About 6:30PM, I took my bath and put my pajamas on and watched an episode of Dateline that I had recorded earlier in the day. About 9:00PM, I decided to go on to bed.

No comments: