Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night although I did wake up twice. The second time I took a melatonin tablet and slept fine after that.

I got myself ready for church and then baked my coffeecake while I watched the weather.

I had an e-mail this morning from one of my classmates. He will be coming in April to check on a farm he owns and rents out over at Coffeyville. He wants to take me to a nice dinner in Bartlesville while he is here. He is the classmate that began our class newsletter back right after we graduated from high school....probably while he was still in college in the late 50's. I am anxious to visit with him. He lives in Topeka. He used to come to all our class reunions except the last one. He was sick during that one and couldn't come.

I will leave about 40 minutes from now to go to the church.

I got my free kindle book this morning because I belong to Amazon Prime but it wouldn't download on my kindle. My kindle doesn't recognize my new router. It did download on my phone though so I guess I will read it from that source. Strange...it doesn't recognize my password on the kindle but it does on the phone. Of course the phone didn't need a password. It just found the signal.

This afternoon, if it isn't raining I will try to empty that bag on the mower again. John, my son in law, sent me a link to my phone to let me see how it is supposed to be done. I want to try it. It must be too full of grass and leaves to unhook easily.  When I tried to do that Friday, it spilled grass and leaves on the driveway.  When the grass is dry again (it's been raining), I will mow the west yard. It is the largest part of my yard.

I checked the bowl of food I left for the kitty last night and it was empty this morning. Either a stray dog ate it or the kitty found it overnight. Whatever..

More later....

Church was extra good today. Melissa spoke and had a very good sermon. Karan and Phyllis and I went to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for lunch. As usual, it was very good too. I took the two of them back to church afterwards to pick up their cars and then came on back to Caney to my apartment to do the newsletters. I took, Alice, my neighbor, some coffeecake. We had a small congregation today and I had leftover coffeecake. I kept some for myself and I will take some to Nancy too. I have plenty.

More even later...I want to try to empty the grass and leaves from that bag on the back of the mower.

Wonderful! I got that job done thanks to John's instructions.  I also took my bath an hour ago after watching 60 Minutes. It's almost 9:00PM now and I will go to bed at 9:00PM.  I have an 11:00AM hair appointment with Toni in the morning.  Tuesday Phyllis and I will take the Ponca City tour on the tour bus. Then Wednesday I will take Nancy to the 10:00AM doctor's appointment in Coffeyville and afterward we will go to the Lenten Luncheon at noon.  We will stop by Shelter Insurance so she can price her home and car insurance. Newkirk, Dennis and Buckles are charging her over $3,000 for that here.  I think Shelter can do better.

Well it's almost my bedtime so I have better sign off here.

No comments: