Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

I will drive over to Coffeyville this morning and pick up Bob for breakfast. I hope Eggberts is open again. Last week they had plumbing problems and we had to eat breakfast at Brahms.
I slept well last night but woke up at 3:30AM. I got up and took my med and then did not take the melatonin.  I thought I would try to get back to sleep without it. That didn't work. Finally I got up at 5:00AM. and got myself ready for the day. I heard thunder last night and don't know whether it's still raining or not.. It's supposed to. It's too dark to see out right now. I will drink my Chai and drive over to Coffeyville when it begins to get light about 6:45AM.

I started to put in my hearing aid this morning and the end of the cord where the amplifier is located, broke off.  I will need to see Stan this morning too and get him to put a new one on.

So, first I went to Bob's to pick him up for breakfast, then to breakfast, then to Stan's office. I also want to vote when I get back to Caney. They vote today on the new swimming pool. They have a grant for 60% of the cost and the rest they want to raise with a 1/4 cent sales tax. If it passes, that will still be less then either Coffeyville's sales tax or Independence's sales tax.

It will be a busy day.  So more later...I want to go watch the weather.

I did get everything done this morning in Coffeyville and got back to Caney in time to vote. Later  I went over to visit Nancy who had been sick to her stomach again.

While there, Johnna called me to say she could not get a hold of my daughter, Leslie . The highway patrol had been to see Johnna and told her her mother had been killed in a head on collision just north of Caney here. Her mother, Sue, had been with two friends heading to Sedan to a doctor's appointment with one of Sue's friends and then they were going to go to Bartlesville and have lunch. A young man crossed the center line and hit them head on killing all of them. Johnna asked me if I would notify the congregation. She was distraught. She had just lost her father just before Thanksgiving and her husband had been murdered by a mental case last year and now she had lost her mother.  She could not reach Leslie because Leslie was on the phone. I texted Leslie and she had called Johnna back when she heard her messages. Leslie jumped in the car and went up to Neodesha to be with Johnna.  I came home and called the congregation. It was a catastrophe! Poor Johnna feels utterly bereft.  Johnna is one of our three pastors at church and Leslie is also one of them. Melissa and her husband have gone on a cruise to celebrate their anniversary. Melissa is our third pastor.

That killed the evening. I finally reached everyone. The County Chronicle had all the details. I copied their story into e-mail and sent the article to everyone in the congregation who had e-mail. The family is going to the funeral home today to make arrangements.  I took my bath and went to bed after that.

What a day!

1 comment:

clairz said...

Margie, that is terrible news to get. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.