Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Tuesday and Also Rain Again

I slept very well last night. I didn't get up until nearly 6:00AM. I dressed but then texted Bob to see if he would like to have breakfast. He did. So about 6:45AM, I took off in the light rain for Coffeyville. I took my cake since he will be taking them to Independence this morning. I also took the other little Flawless chin shaver for Karan and after breakfast I dropped by her house and gave it to her. No sense having two here when one is all I need.

I drove out of the rain at Tyro on my way home.  The trash people had come so I put away my trash container.  Then it began raining again. I ordered replacement trimmer string from Amazon this morning. Next time I mow I will probably have to trim. I don't want to run out of string. Eventually I will order a second battery if this trimmer works well. First I want to see how well it works before I spend any more money on it. John used his heavy duty trimmer when he mowed for me during conference.

I intended to stop at Brahms and get my yogurt, half and half and cake pans on my way home but it was raining hard so I will plan on stopping tomorrow when I go back for my hair appointment if it's not raining hard then.

I went out and wiped the rain out of the cat dish and filled it again with Meow Mix for that kitten I have been feeding. Then I set it out of the area of the rain. I hope the little critter can get to it and eat without getting soaked.

More later...

It's finally raining here again now that it is 4:47PM.  It has not been raining in Caney all afternoon but I have been watching every channel on TV and they are all talking about "possible" tornadoes all around the area in Oklahoma and southeast Kansas. So far, none of those "possible" tornadoes have panned out to be "actual" tornadoes.  The danger of all that hype is, when and if there is an "actual" tornado, there will have been so much hype about "possible" tornadoes that one is likely to think that that is just so much more hype and no one will take then seriously and then someone will be injured or killed.

I don't know what the answer to that is, but I do know that constant hype about "possible" tornadoes here and there is not the answer.

I need to go to Coffeyville again tomorrow and get my hair done and also go out to Walmart or Orchelon's and get some things. One thing I need is another hook for my hummingbird feeder. I want to put that in my flowerbed. I had hoped to plant my flowers this week but that will have to wait until all his rain passes.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and got ready for bed. The tornado warning expired at 9:00PM. 

I tried to watch TV but there was nothing on but the weather. So I turned to Amazon Prime and watched a couple of programs until bedtime. I went to bed at 9:00PM

No comments: