Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday and More Rain Forecast

Again, I slept well. Taking three 10 mg  Melatonin tablets may be the answer. It seems to work.

I don't have a plan for today. I would get my flowers but we are forecast for more rain today. Maybe it will be sunshiny tomorrow and I can go to Coffeyville to the nursery and buy my flowers.

I have dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. And I have watched the weather. I am sure tired of rain but Caney's weather is nothing like Iowa's weather. I shouldn't complain.

I will get back to this later...

Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor
I went over to Coffeyville this morning and bought my flowers. I got home just in time to get them planted before the rain started. ...all but the petunias. I will have to plant them later..The rain won't hurt them. I stopped three places to get what I wanted. I wanted red salvia for the back row but had to settle for purple salvia.

I went to Hains first but theirs didn't look all that good. Then I went to the florist Green Acres but she had nothing I wanted. Finally I ran out to Walmart for my Lipton peach tea and for some strange reason, theirs looked best of all. So I bought some at Hains and some at Walmart. Then I stopped at Brahms and got my milk before coming on back home.

I rushed around to get the flowers planted and all the while it was thundering. I barely got most of it in the ground before the rain started.

More later...


It stopped raining long enough for me to get the petunias in the ground. So everything is planted now. I think it will all make it alright.


I will go watch the news now...it is almost 5:00PM.

After the news, I took my bath and put my PJs on and watched two episodes of Forensic Files.  It's almost 8:00PM now and I  will not go to bed until 9:00PM. It seems to have stopped raining now. I think tomorrow is to be sunny.


 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love flowers. I bought a few.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, sister three! I always plant some.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your flower bed looks so pretty already. I love the bluish purple flowers, they really accent the other color flowers. Everything will look so beautiful as they establish themselves and fill in.

We are having so much rain here near St Louis. The few days when it hasn't rained, I have had appointments and no time left over to buy or plant flowers. I always like to wait to buy my flowers until I know I will be able to get them in the ground the next day or so. Hard to do that this year.