Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I seem to have fixed my poor sleep pattern by increasing my Melatonin dose to three 10mg each night. I am so glad. I still get up at 5:00AM just as I always have but I am rested. After all, I go to bed at 9:00PM.

Anyhow, I have dressed and had my oatmeal for breakfast and even have my coffeecake done. I will ice it after it cools.

I plan to leave for church at 8:30 or so. I like to be there at 9:00AM even though the church school class doesn't begin until 10:00AM. That gives me time to see if the church is clean and the trash has been emptied and cut the coffeecake and get the paper plates and forks out. Bob A., my brother-in-law, usually makes the coffee. He is head deacon.

I think Great China is open again now. They always take April off and close so they can go back to China and visit their families. I was through there yesterday morning early on my way to Cherryvale and their cars were there although it was still too early for them to be open. I will see if Phyllis wants to eat there with me after church.

O.K. The coffeecake is done and iced and the kitchen cleaned up. I have finished early. I still  have about 45 minutes until I leave for church. The next time I am in Coffeyville, on Wednesday, I will need to buy another coffeecake mix. ...before next Sunday. That was my last one. I probably ought to buy pecans too at the health food store. I have about a cup left. That not quite enough for the coffeecake.

More later...after church and lunch...

The lunch was good and a group of eight of us did eat at Great China. Phyllis didn't go. She had too much to do this afternoon. But Johnna, Kim and the Brooks family did go.

I got home and filled up the mower with gas and mowed the front and a part of the back before I played out. I came in the apartment to drink some water and rest awhile. I will go back out later and finish the back. I am not sure I can get the side yard mowed today. I may have to take a chance on "no rain" and do it tomorrow.  I have not played out in the past but maybe it's because I am doing it at 2:00PM instead of waiting until evening. I am pretty tired and sweaty now.

More later...

Well, I went out about 3:30PM and finished the back yard and began the side yard but just didn't have enough energy to finish it.   I did empty the bag of the clippings. I will do the side yard tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Maybe I can get it done early before it rains and before it gets too warm. It is 73 degrees here now.  It may be easier earlier in the day too...before I am tired.

I never did finish my mowing this evening but I did hook up my little lightweight Works trimmer and trimmed all that I had mowed. It worked fine! The trimming turned out fine and afterward I swept the clippings into the grass.

I did it! I went back out at 7:15 and finished mowing the side yard. I put the mower away and will empty the bag later...probably tomorrow. It is nearly 8:00PM now and I need to take a bath and get ready for bed.

I will go watch some Amazon Prime TV now. After that is over I will take my bath at 7:50PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

No comments: