Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday and A Shopping Plan

I didn't sleep as well last night. I may have got cold. It is down to 42 degrees right now at 4:45AM. It also may be that the melatonin capsules don't work as well as the pills. I will give it a few more days and see if warmer weather makes a difference or if I just need to buy some more and different pills.

I did buy some red mulch when I was in Coffeyville Wednesday but it is in the trunk of my car. I think I will open it and fill a bucket with it and carry it bucket full by bucket full to the back yard  and put it in the flower bed. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. I also need to bake a cake tomorrow and ice it and then take it to church on Sunday and freeze it there. Bob can pick it up on his way to deliver cakes to Independence on Tuesday.

I woke up at 3:15AM and couldn't get back to sleep and finally just got up at 4:00AM. I may buy one of those "white noise" machines at Amazon. Some are only about $15.00.  And I never did get my Bag Buddy this week. I may have to ask Amazon where it is. I may still have the confirmation of shipping. I will check after breakfast.

I was called by Christopher and Banks yesterday afternoon and they are having a 40% off sale going on right now. I haven't bought anything new in months. I may go check that out. I really don't need a thing. I have a closet full of fall/winter things and another closet full of spring/summer clothes. But I could go look. I have been in the apartment for days since all the rain and colder weather has come in.

Right now, I need some coffee and oatmeal. I will get back to this after that.

More later...

I have had my breakfast and watched the weather and the weather does not look good. Lots more rain in the forecast. I am really tired of staying in though.  I want to go somewhere if only to look around. I will wait until 9:30AM or so and call Nancy to see if she wants to go too.

More even later...

I was just looking at my grass. I just mowed last Sunday...not even a week yet... and I will have to mow next Sunday or Monday....whenever the grass is dry this next week.  All this rain makes it uncertain which day I will be able to do that. It really could use it right now but with all the rain, it is wet. So I can't do it for awhile.

Always something.

I finally reached Nancy and she had been at the beauty shop. She wanted to go eat breakfast and so we did that at Eggberts.

She is going shopping with her three friends this evening and have supper in Bartlesville so she would not go with me. I understood that. I will either go alone or not go at all. I could mow but I hate to do that today because of my hair. I just had it done on Wednesday and mowing would probably make a mess of it. If at all possible, I would rather do it Sunday afternoon or Monday. I will wait and see.


No photo description available.

Aren't those beautiful!! They opened even further this afternoon.

I did go to Bartlesville and went to Goody's and Christopher and Banks but didn't find anything I wanted to buy. I filled my gas tank and came on back home.

More even later...

My Bag Buddy came this afternoon! I put it together and then I was afraid to wait until Sunday or Monday to mow so I mowed the front and the side yard and emptied the grass catcher bag into the Bag Buddy.  That was sure easier then trying to hold the black yard bag while emptying the grass catcher.  Now my next challenge is to lift it into the trash container.  I won't fill this bag any fuller or I won't be able to do that.

All I have left to do now is the tiny back yard and I will trust the weather will hold until another day when I can get to that. I am too tired now.  But mowing it is good exercise.

It's almost time for the news now so I will get back to this later.

I watched some TV after I took my bath at 7:00PM and then at 10:00PM, I went on to bed.  I was very tired. Mowing did me in!

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love the flowers. They brighten up a dull world.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Sister-Three!