Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday and a Cool Day

I slept very well again last night. I am hoping the days of not being about to sleep without melatonin are over.  I have dressed and had my breakfast and fed the little gray cat. I sat in the recliner and watched it eat. It is very shy. If I make any effort to get out of the chair, it runs away. I think it is just a stray and is wild. It used to be very scrawny but is looking pretty good after all these months I have been feeding it.

I don't have a plan for today. I charged the battery on the Works trimmer last evening and will finish trimming this morning while it is cool. It is 55 degrees out there this morning. It feels like "fall" for a change.  The yard looks nice since I mowed on Sunday afternoon and evening.

I may go out to Eggberts for lunch today. I like to do that about once a week. If I can catch Nancy, I will ask her to go too.

I should have stripped the bed this morning and washed the sheets but somehow I just wasn't up to it. Maybe I will do it on Thursday or Friday. By then I will have some more laundry and my towels too.

More later...

Nancy came by while I was using the trimmer to edge the lawn. She wanted to go to brunch and I was happy to go with her. We went out to Eggbert's and had our "usual" lunch ... chicken salad on lettuce, a bowl of fruit and a warm muffin....with coffee. We sat and visited for an hour. Then she brought me home. She had errands to run. I will sweep off the walk and check out the trimming to be sure I got it all. It is 10:30AM now.  The temperature is up to 72 degrees now. It will be a nice day.

More even later...

I got the rest of the trimming finished and swept off everything.  I also read the new Reader's Digest. I watched a couple of programs I had recorded this afternoon and also just played some solitaire. I haven't done too much productive today outside of the trimming.

We may get some rain later tonight. I am glad I got the mowing and trimming finished. I will be going to Coffeyville tomorrow for my hair appointment and grocery shopping. Also, I want to stop by the Braum's store for  yogurt and milk before I leave town.  

It's 6:30PM  now and at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and get ready for bed. I will go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: