Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday and Mowing and Trimming the Back Yard

I slept well last night and got up shortly after 5:00AM. I have eaten my oatmeal and had my coffee and am now working on my Chai.  I have fed the mama cat and two of her kittens three times this morning. These three, the mama and two of her gray kittys are the only ones I have seen in days. There were five kittys originally. I don't know what happened to the other three.  It has been at least a week since I have seen the rest of them.

Last night a strange truck pulled up in front of my apartment and sat there for twenty minutes with the lights on and the motor running. I finally called the local dispatcher and asked her to send the officer on duty to come by and check that out. I was not comfortable going on to bed with that truck sitting there with the lights on and the motor running. After an hour though, three more trucks came and parked in front of the east side of the duplex. One of them had a large trailer attached to it and it was parked across my drive...blocking it. Luckily my car was at Gary's in Coffeyville overnight.

Finally, I went on to bed. I figured they were all friends of Zeke, my new neighbor. I hope they don't make a habit of that.

Sometime this morning, Gary will call and tell me my car is finished.  Then I will call Bob to come get me. and take me to Coffeyville to pick it up.

I would like to mow the back yard this evening but I would like to buy a headband before I do that. I want to put it across my head to hold my bangs down and keep them from curling up and also to absorb the sweat.  I also need to trim.

More later....

The temperature was only 68 degrees this morning at 8:00AM so I went out and mowed the back and part of the west side before I played out. I will finish that later...maybe this evening.  I am drinking lots of tea this morning to cool off. And I still have the trimming to do too.  That will be my project for today.

It's 9:00AM and I still haven't heard from Gary yet about my car.  I was hoping he would get it finished early. This is Bob's birthday and he and Joanne may have plans.

It's 10:30AM now and 80 degrees out there. I will finish mowing the side yard later after it cools off some. However, I did get the trimming done in front and back just now.



Image may contain: house, grass, outdoor and nature

Still no call from Gary.

He called about 11:30AM and I called Bob. Bob came over and got me and took me to Gary's. I picked up my car and left his check in the key drop. It was not quite as expensive as he told me. But he is concerned about the compressor and we are looking at over $700 if I should need a compressor down the road in time.  I just hope it holds up.

I have read the Reporter and done the crossword puzzle.  I will take the papers to Karan. She takes hers to the shelter in Coffeyville. I have never been there and am not sure where it is. It is east of the highway 169 just off Walnut in Coffeyville. That's all I know.

More later..I'd better fix something for my lunch now.

I had sweet and sour chicken for lunch. It's a frozen meal from Walmart...just the right amount...not too much. I had it with peach tea.

Now it's 6:20PM and in just awhile, at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and put my PJs on. It's still too hot to mow...maybe in the morning.  It was just right this morning.

Well, I didn't take my bath at 7:00PM after all.  I was having trouble with the desktop computer freezing up so I called Cox Complete Care and had one of their techs work it over. That was an hour ago and he is still at it....deleting old useless files and tuning up the old computer.  I don't want to take my bath until he is finished or he may call me back while I am in the tub.  So, I am still waiting for him to finish here at 8:30PM.

I just ate some yogurt. I hadn't had anything to eat since noon or so.

More later...

Saturday morning: 

I finally just went to bed at 10:00PM Friday evening and the tune up was not finished then. I got up to go to the bathroom at 4:30AM on Saturday  and  found a note on the computer of all the tech had done. It told me I needed to reboot before using the computer again. So I did that. The computer seems to run smoother and is not freezing any longer....yet.

No comments: