Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Wednesday and Hair Day

I slept well again last night but got up about 4:30AM after I felt I had my sleep out.  I dressed, had my oatmeal and coffee and fed the cat. I have only seen one  or two kittens with her lately. I don't know where the other four have disappeared to. I wondered if someone had taken them to the pound in Coffeyville, ....or worse. I will keep feeding those who show up. Mama cat and the one kitten showed up this morning and I have filled the bowl twice already.

My County Chronicle hasn't shown up in my online mailbox yet today either...which is strange. Usually it's there early Wednesday mornings.

I will go back over to Coffeyville today to get my hair done at 10:00AM. I want to take my plastic grocery bags to Genesis while I am there too. When I have given Bob a chance to get up and around, I will text him about breakfast and see if he wants to go. I will wait until after 6:00AM.

I am doing laundry again this morning. Primarily I am doing towels and my underwear. 

More later...

Yes, Bob wanted to go to breakfast so I went over early and picked him up. I went to the bank afterward and later to Woodshed to get gas. Then since I was that far already, I went back out to Walmart to get the two things I didn't get yesterday. I was just going to get them at Dollar General but I was almost out to Walmart so I just went there.

Then I got my hair done, went to the bank to get a new check register, and then out to Gary's to see if he could check my car's air conditioning. It was not cooling well. He said the air had never been serviced since I had it and would need to be done in order to be sure it had plenty of coolant so I made an appointment. He is booked for two weeks but he said if I can get it over there tomorrow evening, he will get it in the first thing Friday morning at 6:00AM.

I called Bob to see if he would take me back to Caney after I left the car on Thursday evening and he was glad to do that. Then Friday when Gary calls to tell me it is ready, Bob will come get me and take me to Coffeyville to pick it up. That's two trips for him but he was willing to help me out that way. I have known Gary for years and I trust him. I couldn't trust just any auto repair man.

More later...

Jenny e-mailed and reminded me that the Chronicle comes out on Thursdays and we get the e-edition late Wednesday evening.  So it will come later this evening. It was a day early last week because of the holiday.

The smoke alarm went off again.  I poked on it time and again but it buzzed and buzzed. Finally after I tried poking it again, it stopped. I did not want to climb on a step stool to try to take the top off it and pull the battery, so, once again, I called Steve. He will come by sometime this afternoon after a funeral they are going to attend. I hate to be a trial for them but it seems to be just one thing after another.  First the power breaker to the dryer, then the air conditioner breaker and now the smoke alarm.

It is thundering and windy now and I imagine we are going to get rain again. I raked and bagged all those leaves last week and now the wind is blowing them off the neighbor's tree again and the yard is full of them again. This time, when the wind dies down, I will just get my blower out and blow them off the yard instead of raking them. I still have a painful blister from last week's raking. When I rake in the fall, I will wear gloves. It is beginning to rain again now.

More even later..

Steve and Suzanne came and changed the battery in the smoke alarm again. Steve thought it might have been an old battery he changed out with last week. They stayed just a little while and then left, They had been to another funeral and were on their way home when they stopped.

I watched another "Murder She Wrote" episode this afternoon. I had tried to clean up the mess of leaves from my neighbor's tree after the wind and rain this morning. After blowing it off my yard the best I could and into the street, I started sweeping the mess up and putting it in my Bag Buddy, I finally played out. It was just too hot to do that today.

Then the Tivo quit when I started to change from Amazon Prime back to the cable. I rebooted a couple of times and it finally reloaded. But it took awhile. It's 3:30PM now.

Nancy came by about an hour ago and stayed until just a few minutes ago..  She told me about her experience with David, her son, and his wife. She is rather exhausted from their visit.

It's 4:45PM now and I want to watch the news when it comes on at 5:00PM. I will finish this when I am ready to take my bath at 7:00PM.


No comments: