Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursday and Perhaps Lunch Out

I slept fitfully last night. If I were to try to decide why that was I think it would be too much tea all afternoon.

I finally got back to sleep around 3:00AM and woke up shortly before 5:00AM and got up. I dressed, ate my oatmeal and coffee and got myself ready for the day. I even filled the cat's bowl.

Today I only plan to have brunch with Nancy...if she still wants to do that.  Then, this evening, I will take my car over to Gary's to have the air conditioning serviced. Bob will bring me back here after I leave it there. Then Friday when Gary finishes it and calls me, I will call Bob and he will come over to get me to take me over to Coffeyville to pick it up.

I see the mother cat is eating the food in the dish now. None of her kitties are with her. I don't have  a clue what happened to them. She just finished and I re-filled the dish and put clean water in the water part.

More later...

Bob just texted me about when I wanted to take my car over there this evening. I suggested 7:00PM. I will see what he thinks of that.

O.K. He thinks that is fine.

More later....

In just a little while, I will call Nancy and see if she wants to go to brunch. I will wait until 10:00AM.  It's only 9:35AM now.

I went over and visited with Nancy for an hour or so. She had lots of leftovers to eat so she was not interested in lunch...not today anyhow.

I got my mail and had the new registration for my car in it along with the Reporter. And the car registration had my old Coffeyville address on it.  Then I realized that in the hub bub of moving and settling in the new place, I had forgotten to change the address on my registration and driver's license. So I called Heather, figuring I would pay my car insurance and apartment insurance when I went over to get my tag and registration taken care of. I got that done and went over to re-register my car and pay for that,

I figured I would have to go to Independence and get my address on the license done but that woman at the registration told me to go to the library and they would do it for me free of charge. That was wonderful! Plus... I decided to just take my car by Gary's while I was in Coffeyville if I could get Bob to bring me back to Caney that early. That too worked out fine. So all that is done and it's not yet 4:00PM in the afternoon. Of course, I am a lot more broke then I was this morning!

I have worked the crossword puzzle and will find something to eat now. I haven't eaten since 5:00AM this morning.

I found the rest of the chicken and noodles I had a couple of days ago and ate that for lunch. I also had an ice cream bar and some trail mix I had in the cabinet. 

I don't know when Gary will have my car finished tomorrow. When he calls me, I will call Bob and have him come over to pick me up so I can go back to Coffeyville to pay Gary and pick up my car. 

Between the bill for the air conditioning on my car, car registration and tag sticker, the car insurance and the apartment insurance... this has been an expensive month.

And  I am still kicking around buying one of those yard swings over at Tyro and borrowing the money out of my savings and paying it back $100 a month for three months. I would have to ask the kids to get it picked up in their truck and I hate to impose on them any more then I already do. I wouldn't use it much until fall anyhow though so there is no rush to make such a decision.

I plan to mow the back yard Monday sometime. It is really getting high but I want to wait until Monday or Tuesday to do that. I hope it doesn't rain anymore this weekend.

I have had my bath at 7:00PM and it's now 7:45PM. I will wait until 9:00PM to go to bed. I hope to sleep better now that I have all my errands done.

No comments: