Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday and Perhaps Lunch

I got up about 4:30AM this morning. I only woke up once and that was about 3:15AM. I went to the bathroom and back to bed and back to sleep. I have dressed and eaten my oatmeal and even taken my blood pressure.  My blood pressure has been consistently low ever since I bought the cuff. I have been taking it every morning as Dr. Christensen wanted. And for some unknown reason, my ankles have not been swelling.

Mama cat and two gray baby kittens came by to eat cat food this morning. I left a larger dish of water out there for them too. In this heat, they may need it. The dog across the street was left untied day before yesterday and he was panting terribly. I took a plastic bowl of water over for him too. That family was gone all day.

Zeke mowed last evening. He evidently doesn't want to pay $40.00 a week to have Robert mow for him either. He doesn't have a grass catcher on his mower so now he has a lot of grass laying on the yard. He let it grow for over a week and it was at least ten inches tall again. I am so glad I have a grass catcher on my mower. When I mow, the yard looks neat. The part that Robert mowed on the riding mower for me has some cut grass laying on the yard. He doesn't use a grass catcher either.

I noticed I had quite a bruise yesterday on my arm where they took the blood out. It cleared up overnight though. One of the nurses turned the needle after it was in there and that really hurt. She said it wasn't flowing like she wanted. I filled the bag very fast so I have no idea what she wanted. In September, I will tell them not to mess with the needle unless the blood stops flowing. It was probably a good thing that I didn't mow yesterday after all under the circumstances.

Today, Nancy and I plan to go to the Copan Truck Stop for lunch...if she doesn't forget the plan. She gets her hair done this morning so maybe she will drop by again. Her visit yesterday afternoon was a surprise to me but we had a good visit...especially good after Suzanne dropped by too. I ordered Nancy a copy of Ron Henderson's book. She wanted to send it to her son, David. He really wanted to read it. I offered her my copy but she just said she would take the one I ordered from Amazon. It should be here soon...although possibly not in two days.

This is the day Nancy gets her hair done at 9:00AM so she may come by after that. Anessa's beauty shop is just up the street on Spring.

More later....

I went out back to weed my flowerbed and found that Zeke had blown all sorts of grass all over my clean little patio and didn't clean up the mess he made in his own yard either. He really should mow on the weekend when he would be fresh. I am sure he was exhausted last evening when he mowed. Suzanne told me she thinks he works in the oil fields and that has got to be hard work....well paying but hard physical work. I went out and swept up the mess in my yard.

One of my blogging friends shared this poem with me on her blog. She had seen some fawns and does in her pasture.

The Fawn

Edna St. Vincent Millay

There it was I saw what I shall never forget
And never retrieve.
Monstrous and beautiful to human eyes, hard to
believe,
He lay, yet there he lay,
Asleep on the moss, his head on his polished cleft
small ebony hooves,
The child of the doe, the dappled child of the deer.

Surely his mother had never said, "Lie here
Till I return," so spotty and plain to see
On the green moss lay he.
His eyes had opened; he considered me.

I would have given more than I care to say
To thrifty ears, might I have had him for my friend
One moment only of that forest day:

Might I have had the acceptance, not the love
Of those clear eyes;
Might I have been for him in the bough above
Or the root beneath his forest bed,
A part of the forest, seen without surprise.

Was it alarm, or was it the wind of my fear lest he
depart
That jerked him to his jointy knees,
And sent him crashing off, leaping and stumbling
On his new legs, between the stems of the white
trees?

Isn't that a beautiful poem?

I called Nancy to see about lunch and she was expecting company  and they would go to lunch. So I went over to Coffeyville to the senior  center and had their $2.00 lunch. It was very good. Asbury Village prepares it for them once a month on the third Friday of each month. They then give the money to the senior center.. That's a great deal!

Sherry, the tour director, contacted me today. She had one cancellation for next Wednesday's trip and is offering it to Phyllis. I contacted Phyllis and she was delighted to get to go. I printed off Sherry's instruction sheet and the poster. I will take it to Phyllis at church on Sunday.

I came home and read this afternoon. It's too hot to be outside any longer.

I rebooted my desktop computer again today too. And so far, this time, it is behaving itself. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I plan to take my bath at 7:00PM again..as usual. It's only 5:00PM right now and still 96 degrees. Then I will go to bed about 9:00PM

More perhaps even later...

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you don’t over heat today if you have to mow. The heat index is really high.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't plan to mow until Monday when the heat is supposed to break. Thanks for being concerned. I have my hair done on Tuesday this next week and my tour (A trip to the New Theater in Overland Park Kansas) is on Wednesday.