Saturday, July 20, 2019

Saturday and No Particular Plan

I woke up once in the night again but got back to sleep until almost 5:00AM...my usual rising time. I have had my breakfast and fed the mama cat and two of the kittens. Those two kittens are the only ones I have seen for quite awhile. I don't know what happened to the other three. Anyhow, I put out a larger bowl for water for the three of them and may just fill both sides of the smaller dish with cat food. It usually takes three fillings of just one side to satisfy all three of them.

I don't have anything in particular planned for today.  The apartment is clean and the laundry is done and put away. I'd like to mow the back yard but it's way too hot to do it today. It's only 6:15AM and it's already 76 degrees out there. I don't know what it will be by 8:00AM, when I usually mow. I might get it done on Monday before the rain starts. Next week I get my hair done on Tuesday afternoon because of my trip to Kansas City with the dinner theater tour on Wednesday.

More later...

My neighbor's Colorado company (at least that is what the tag says) parked his pickup half across the driveway and I wasn't sure I had enough room to get out without having to go over the curb. I tried to ring their doorbell and I could hear them moving around in there but no one came to the door. Finally I left a note under their windshield wiper and asked them to move their pickup so I could get out of my drive. Then I edged my car out of the drive with two inches to spare.

I went up to Independence to buy some things at their Walmart and Brahms stores that I couldn't get at Dollar General here and then came back home. He had not yet moved the pickup so I edged the car back into the garage. Later I went up to Gabby's for a sandwich lunch and when I got back home, it had been moved.  While at lunch, I visited with Karen Kendrick. She used to have the Nanny LaRose store in Independence. Then I saw Mike...(I cannot think of his last name.) I believe he was in John's grade at school although he told me he had repeated the first grade and was a year older then John. He has retired already and is on social security. I visited with him awhile too. He still lives here in Caney.

When I got home I watched some of the programs I had recorded.

It is 5:25PM now and I certainly didn't get a lot done today. I did go over the notes for my talk tomorrow.

I watched the weather channel for awhile for their special programming and at 7:00PM, I took my bath and then at 8:00PM or so, I came in here to work on the computer. So far, the old thing is not freezing up. I hope that lasts. I will work here until 9:00PM, when I usually go to bed.

No comments: