Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday and Mowing and A Hair Day

Today will be busy. I have several things I want to do. I got up early again this morning and dressed and had my breakfast.

At 7:00AM I want to mow the west side of my yard.  I got a little of it done yesterday evening before I played out. I got the front and back finished although I still have to trim. I have a different beauty shop time today. Toni changed it to 9:00AM.

After my appointment I want to go out to Rick's job site and find out what has happened to those kids. They haven't been to church for three weeks. Rick doesn't answer my texts and so I want to go by the truck business this morning and see if I can learn what has happened. All of us have really missed them. The last I heard, their granddaughter was diagnosed with scarlet fever and was in the hospital in Alabama.  The first week they were gone to Alabama to check on her. But that was just the first week. They haven't come back the last two weeks. I am really concerned.

More later....

I saw two small kittens eating out of the bowl this morning...but no mama cat. 

Here's another photo from my eldest son, Keith's, morning walks. He is still in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.

 Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor

Interesting looking place, isn't it?

I got the west side of my yard mowed and it only took me 20 minutes.

Image may contain: tree, grass, outdoor and nature

I started at 7:05AM and ended twenty minutes later.  It is the largest part of my yard. Now that is done for another five days or a week. Last week I did it on Tuesday too. Of course, I did the front and the back yesterday on Monday. 

I will leave for Coffeyville and my hair appointment at 8:20AM and it's only 7:35AM right now. So I have awhile.

More later...

I got over  to Coffeyville in time to go to the bank and get my week's supply of cash and then on to the beauty shop. After she finished my hair and cut it, I used part of the money to pay Toni and afterward went to Walmart to get some small Styrofoam coffee cups and creamer for the Church School class. Then I went out to Rick's office and got a hug from Rick. It seems they were camping last weekend. He thinks they will be in town for church next Sunday. I hope so. We have really missed those kids.

Then I dropped by Karan's to give her some shoes I had bought a couple of years ago that I could not wear. I had them on twice but they had no arch support so I could not wear them. She wears the same size as I do so I just passed them on to her. She liked them!

Then I came on home. I couldn't think of anything to have for lunch so I went out to Eggberts and had my favorite lunch...chicken salad on a bed of lettuce and a dish of fruit and a warm muffin. With iced tea that made a nice healthy lunch for $10.15. When I got home I had an ice cream bar for dessert.

I have been reading my latest book on the kindle. Then I went out to deadhead the flowers in the above ground flower box that John made for me.

I have also been listening to songs by Kenny Rogers on my Amazon Echo Alexa.

I watched a Dateline show that I had recorded and after that, I went on to bed at 9:00PM..

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

We tied our record low this morning. It feels heavenly outside.

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to go outside and work in the flowerbeds without sweating?