Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday and a Storm

I woke up in the night to the sounds of a storm...thunder and lightning! Big time!! At 5:45AM, I just got up and dressed. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am now getting ready to drink my Chai.

I fed the one kitten that came for the cat food this morning. I will need to go out to Dollar General when they open and buy a couple more bags of Meow Mix.

The desktop computer is having lots of errors/problems lately, So I have moved in on the laptop to finish the blog. I noticed when I went to pay my Amazon credit card that I have been charged for my Amazon Prime. It went up $10.00 a year. It's still a bargain. I was running out of money this week so I began using my Prime card for more... even lunch in Chanute yesterday. I bought my gas Wednesday on it too. I won't get my social security until the 11th of September this next month. Luckily both boys made a deposit into my checking account yesterday so I wrote the check for my rent. Suzanne will be by Sunday evening to pick up the check.

I will stay home today and stay in. And I will clean the apartment today since I went to Chanute yesterday instead of today.

More later....I probably should get started.

I got the apartment vacuumed and the floors mopped. All I have left to do is dust. I did that last week and it looks pretty good still.  I may give it a once over quickly and it's only 9:50 AM .

I also went out to Dollar General and bought paper towels and cat food. Then I put everything away.

More later...

I had Cox Complete Care tune up this desktop computer this morning and I am hoping that will stop it from freezing up. We will see.

4:55PM..

I went out a while ago and did some more mowing on the west side of the apartment. I noticed Nalonny missed some places. It sure is nice to have those limbs out of the way of my mowing over on the south end of that side. I picked up sticks for awhile and put them in his dumpster.

I can't tell a lot of difference in the desktop computer. Luckily I have a laptop and also that notebook Keith bought me last fall. If this one quits though, I will have to have the laptop fixed or the notebook fixed so one of them can use my printer. Right now the desktop computer does the printing. However I am hoping I can keep that function working on the desktop computer.

I will go watch the news now. Back even later...

I watched the news and took my bath and then watched an episode of "Murder She Wrote" on Amazon Prime. I noticed Amazon took the money for my Prime renewal out of my Amazon Credit Card.

I ordered a Toro Blower leaf vacuum and a bag that attaches for the mulched leaves after reading a glowing account of it in Consumers Report. I also called Karan and told her about it. She has a horrendous amount of leaves each fall.

At 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

No comments: