Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday and A Quiet Day

I slept fairly well last night although I woke up at 2:15AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally I got up and took some melatonin. Then I went back to sleep.

I woke up at 6:00AM at the sound of a loud guttural scream. It sounded so loud that it could have been in my den. I got up to check it out. I could hear low voices from next door. The kids next door are moving into a house they have bought at the end of the month and I will not miss them. They have not wanted to keep their yard mowed. They insist their apartment is infested with fleas. Suzanne is having it mowed and taking the cost out of the their deposit. Alice did not have a cat. After they are gone, Suzanne is having it sprayed. She thinks they brought in the fleas when they moved in. She will also have it cleaned. She doesn't want to rent to any more young people. She wants someone older who will take responsibility for the apartment. The little mother takes her baby and leaves every day. I expect she is going to her mother's and coming back to the apartment in time to fix dinner. They have a lot of young people over there in the evenings. Sometimes they have parked across my drive so I can't get in or out. It has been extremely annoying.

I will do some laundry this morning. That's about all I have to do today. Tomorrow is my hair appointment and also game day at the senior center in Coffeyville. I will probably have lunch there somewhere before game day. I also want to return the book I checked out of the library last week.

More later....

It's 2:26PM this afternoon and Suzanne called a little bit ago to tell me that Zeke has an Hispanic friend that he showed the apartment next door to who wants to rent it with his live-in girl friend. I dread that. She said she and Steve agreed that if they decided not to rent it to someone Hispanic, they could get into trouble. I suppose that's true but this young couple next door have been a problem as long as they have been here. They have had lots of young company who come for dinner with them and twice they have blocked my driveway.  They insist that Alice must have had a cat since they say they have fleas in the apartment. Alice did not have a cat or any pets.  I dread having these young millennial folks living next door to me.

But I know there is nothing I can do about it. It's Steve and Suzanne's apartment.

More later...

I went over to Nancy's again this afternoon  to see if she wanted to go get some ice cream but she had been sick to her stomach all afternoon so she wasn't up to it. I stayed awhile and visited with her.

Then I came on home and decided to mow the side yard. I got a little better then half of it done before I played out. I am out of the habit now and don't seem to have the steam to do it like I could before the kids started paying for it to be done for me. I really need the exercise! I have sat around all day today. Earlier I watched some TV. And maybe I have more energy in the mornings.  It's 5:00PM now and I will go watch the news.

More even later..

Well, I watched the news and the weather for awhile and then came in the den to play some solitaire for awhile before I go to bed. I think I will go watch an episode of "Murder She Wrote" and then go on to bed. at 9:00PM

No comments: