Monday, August 26, 2019

Monday and Nothing Much Going On

This is a quiet day. Everything appears to be caught up. The laundry is done and the apartment is clean.

I slept very well. I woke up once in the night but got right back to sleep and slept until 6:00AM...late for me.

Later, I may go see if Nancy is up and around. I wonder if she went to her church services yesterday. When I came home from church yesterday morning I went by her house and her car was not out. I think she has skipped the services for several weeks. She doesn't really like the type of services of the group Sandy has recruited. They are too emotional for her taste in worship.

I mowed my front yard last evening. It had grown a lot since Wednesday evening...with all the rain. It is nice and cool out this morning and I had hoped to do the back yard today if it dried out. But we are forecast for some really bad storms today and tomorrow....complete with hail. I will stay in, I guess.  I don't want my old car damaged with hail.....if we get the hail.

It's only 8:25AM right now so the grass is still wet.

More later...

It's 12:15PM and the mail has not come yet...not that I expect to get anything important but I always look forward to the mail. I should have my Coffeyville Journal today. I didn't get it on Saturday...the regular day to get it.

I have read my health newsletters and played some solitaire while waiting for it. It's usually here by 11:30AM  at the latest and it is 12:15PM now. Charles could have a substitute running it today. When the young woman brings it, it's usually later.

I called Nancy awhile ago. She has the same old diarrhea again. She is taking Kaopectate this time. And her TV is out. She was waiting for the TV man from Cox to come to fix it.

More even later...

Well, I won't be mowing today. It's 85 degrees out and very humid. And this afternoon we are forecast for severe thunderstorms starting between 5:00PM this evening and even later after that. The mower won't be able to mow until at least Wednesday because of thunderstorms.  I am glad I got the front done last night while it was cool.

The mail finally came after 12:30PM and all I got was the Saturday Journal. ...as usual, a day late.

Nancy came over later this afternoon. She finally began to feel better after taking the Kaopectate. She stayed a couple of hours and then went out to Dollar General to buy some groceries. While she was here, we watched the first episode of an old TV show, WKRP of Cincinnati.

I ate some yogurt for my supper.    It is 5:44PM now. We are forecast for some severe storms tonight about midnight.

My watch has stopped again. Twice I have had a battery put in it this past year. Once at Walmart and once at a jewelry store.  I may have to buy a new watch. Something is wrong with this one...that's for sure.

I went on to bed at 9:00PM. The storm has missed us. Here in Caney, we didn't even have rain. 

No comments: