Monday, August 19, 2019

Monday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I slept well again last night. It's been at least a week since I have taken any melatonin. I have just been sleeping much better. It was nearly 6:00AM before I woke up this morning. I woke up a time or two in the night but got right back to sleep.

I will try to get over to Cherryvale sometime today to have a couple of adjustments to my appliance. It is touching and rubbing in two different places and I think he just needs to reduce the acrylic in those two places a little and smooth off where he takes it off so it doesn't rub on the tissue in my mouth. I will call over there when they open at 7:00AM.

I have made my bed, dressed, and had my oatmeal and coffee and Chai for breakfast. The cat and her kittens have come and eaten the cat food I left out.....three times I filled that little double bowl. Strange...she won't let that lone little yellow kitten eat.  The other three are gray, like her. He looks like the tom cat.

I have texted Bob and he is o.k. this morning. He too has been sleeping better. I left some cookies and a piece of coffeecake for him...and the Porter peaches.

More later....



Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and outdoor

This is the classmate, Dean, that came to visit last week. He began our class newsletter right after we graduated from High School in 1953. I believe he was at KU when he sent out the first issue. He kept it 20 years before he passed it on to another classmate in Oklahoma City. She kept it 10 years and passed it on to a classmate in Arkansas who passed it on to me over 21 years ago. I have done it every year since that and send it out to all the classmates we have kept in touch with over the years.

There were almost 300 of us at that time. 143 of us are deceased now. We have lost track of 26 of us. The rest are still with us. I send out a seven page newsletter in December, between Christmas and New Years each year to all of them.

I think it is really neat that we have managed to stay in touch all these years. They send me their news in December each year either by e-mail or in a Christmas card. I edit it down to news mainly about them and their spouses to keep the letter to seven pages. 68 of them get a hard copy. The rest get it by e-mail.

I will be dog sitting again this next weekend out at John and Leslie's house. They will be gone to South Dakota to a meeting. I will go out on Friday and stay until Sunday.

I have a 2:30PM appointment to have that adjustment done at the dentist in Cherryvale.

More later....


Image may contain: text

I tried it and it works! 84 + 1935=2019 (I will be 84 this year in December).

I left a little early to go by way of Coffeyville to go to the bank and get gas at the Woodshed. I also wanted to get glass cleaner and bottled water for the church at Walmart. I got that and then went on up to Cherryvale and stopped at Sonic and got a banana milk shake. ( I didn't want to eat anything because I was going to the dentist and had already brushed and flossed my teeth. (that's my story and I am sticking with it)

Anyhow, it was terribly hot...93 degrees but the humidity is awfully high. I got into the dental office a little early and he may have got my problem solved. He said he would rather take a little off at a time then to take too much off at one time.  I appreciate that.

When I got back home, I had an e-mail from Pam Green. She has lost her mother yesterday. The mother had fallen in July and been in and out of hospitals and emergency rooms ever since. Last Wednesday they put her in hospice and she passed away yesterday early morning. She had been in terrible pain! I sent a card from myself and one from the congregation. Her brother is struggling with the loss! I will put the family on the prayer list. We each need to add them as we make up the bulletin.

More later...

I have worked on a paper that I did with Ron Dawbarn several years ago and I have now printed it off. I think I will re-read it this week. It has been years. Ron died several years ago right after his son killed himself. I have lost track of Joyce.

It is 6:45PM  now and Naloney will mow on Wednesday instead of tonight. Her mother thinks it may cool off a little by then. It is just too hot tonight and the humidity is horrible. Her mother has the flu now too. I wonder if she took the flu shot?

I will go take my bath and then read awhile. Then at 9:00PM I will go on to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

1950:+ 69 = 2019

Margie's Musings said...

How about that!

clairz said...

Wait, I think that's a trick. Of course your age plus the year of your birth will equal 2019. The same thing will happen next year. That's how we figure our how old we are--take the current year and subtract the year we were born in to get our age. Right?