Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday and More Problems

I slept fairly well last night and got up at my regular 5:00AM time. I put the two house dogs out to pee and Hoover was determined to come back in the house. I had to forcefully say "no!!" to him.

I fixed my oatmeal and had that and some juice for breakfast. Then I turned on the TV. There was "no signal". I went to wash my bowl and discovered there was no hot water anywhere. Weird!  I informed Leslie of all this and she told me to just put the dogs out and go home where I could have a nice warm bath. I told her I would survive without TV. and a nice warm bath. I have my library book. I can take another sponge bath this evening.  I will stay with the dogs. I don't trust the coyotes around here.

They have TV upstairs too. I could go watch it there. Surely it will work. It isn't the satellite anyhow.

More later...

I had the dogs inside for quite awhile but it is a nice cool day so I finally put them out and went upstairs to watch "Lucky Dog" on the upstairs TV.

Leslie contacted me to ask me to try the stove and see if the gas was on. It was. That means the tank must be out. I checked and it isn't leaking and that is good. It also is not warm.  So the hot water I used to wash my lunch dishes yesterday must have been all that was in the tank.

She said they had been having trouble with the living room TV. It isn't the TV. It is probably the Harman/Kardon Dish amplifier or receiver. It won't turn on unless the glass doors are open now.

It is almost 11:00AM and I think I will have another sandwich for lunch.

I see Raven is lying on the front porch. She barked to get back in an hour ago but then she wanted a treat. I have given both her and Mini a treat earlier but I don't want to overdo it like I had to do with Hoover.

It was in and out for awhile there. I think it is nice and cool out there and Raven had a bowel  accident earlier on the little rug in the great room and I cleaned that up and used soap and water to clean it and then I wiped her bottom with several wet paper towels. She needs to be outside right now.

More even later....

Ray, John's Brother-in Law came over and checked out the hot water tank. It was working fine. My hot water in my apartment is on the right knob. I understand the standard location is on the left. I was  trying to fill the tub by using the right side knob. And it takes awhile for the water from the tank to get to the bathroom. I was also trying to do the dishes using the right knob for hot water.

And as far as the TV is concerned, they have been having problems with it too so you have to pull the plug on the surge protector with the plug in it and count to ten and then plug it in again. Presto! TV again.

All this concern with no hot water and no TV was just my ignorance.

It has been cooler all day and the dogs have spent a lot of time outside. Mini wanted in awhile ago and so Raven wanted in too. I think I will just make myself another sandwich for a supper. I think the kids must have eaten the Schwan's stuff. I don't see it in either the frig or the freezer. I will only get half a sandwich anyhow. Mini and Raven will want half of it. :)

It is 5:00PM now. In a couple of hours I will  take a nice hot bath and then at 9:00PM I will go on to bed.




No comments: