Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sunday and a Big Morning

I slept well last night. I woke up several times but always got right back to sleep. I got up shortly before 5:00AM. I knew I had a lot to do this morning. Not only did I make sure to feed the cat and her kittens but I baked my coffeecake and also a cake for the First Christian Church in Independence.  They are starting up their Tuesday evening dinners again after a month long break and we provide cakes for their desserts. I got the coffeecake baked first and when it was cooled some, I iced it with a glaze. Then I mixed up the cake and got it in the oven. When the timer went off, I tested it and it was not quite done so I turned off the oven and left it in there for a couple more minutes. Just a little while ago, I tested it again and it is done and cooling now.

I take the coffeecake for the church school study group and son-in-law, John, and my two local great grandchilden and anyone else who comes for church and wants some. If I have any left, I bag it up in sandwich bags and give it away. I take some to Nancy if there is enough. She really likes it. If I have several pieces, I give some to Steve and Suzanne, my landlady and landlord, too.

I have half a can of chocolate icing to ice the cake with.  I will take it to church and put it in the freezer there and Bob can pick it up on his way to Independence on Tuesday. He will have his and Phyllis' and Karan's too.  It is 7:35AM now and I want to leave here at 8:00AM so I will have time to finish washing the front door before folks begin to come. Cyndi cleaned yesterday but she ran out of Windex before she got the door done. I have some window cleaner...it isn't Windex but it will do. I am taking it. Next time I go to Walmart, I will buy some more Windex for the church.

I don't know where we will eat lunch today. I would like to go to Great China but that depends on what the others want to do.

More later... I had better get that cake iced.

Well, I got the cake iced and everything loaded into my car and got as far as the highway and recalled that I had forgotten the peaches I was taking to Bob.  So I turned around and went back to the apartment and got those peaches out of the frig and took them to church. I put the cake for the First Christian Church in Independence in the freezer there and cut the coffeecake and got out the plates and napkins and plastic forks.  My son-in-law and the great  grandchildren came in and had some coffeecake. My daughter soon followed and when the others came, they got some too. I had two pieces left so I brought one home for Nancy and the other one for myself.

The church service went well and we all went up to Great China for lunch. Chris didn't come because his mother was doing a fish fry for him and herself. Gene and Mike didn't come either. Mike has a wife at home to eat with. Karan was eating with her inlaws. But there were nine of us that went to Great China. It was very good!

I came home afterward and did my newsletters and got them out on the mailbox for the postman to pick up tomorrow.

Next Friday I will go out to John and Leslie's again to stay with the dogs while they go to South Dakota to a meeting of the people in his business. He sells a liquid vitamin and mineral supplement for cattle. Some of his customers use that supplement year around. Others use it only during the winter months.

It is 2:30PM now and I want to see if Nancy is home so I can take her coffeecake to her.

I finally reached Nancy about 4:00PM and took the coffeecake over to her. She wanted me to stay and visit again.I stayed until 5:30PM. She had had diarrhea all day and slept all day between episodes. It finally got stopped about 3:00PM.

When I got home I watched 60 Minutes at 6:00PM and then took my bath and put my PJs on.  I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual. It's just 7:15PM right now.

No comments: