Monday, October 28, 2019

Monday and a Pretty Good Night's Sleep

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up once or twice but managed to get right back to sleep. I was so tired from the lack of sleep the night before.

I see Blue Cross/Blue Shield came out of my bank account last night. In January that $289.00 will become $312.70 as the premium goes up again. After age 80, it was never to have raised again. That's how much you can trust Blue Cross/ Blue Shield's word.

And my social security doesn't come in until the 13th in November. So to pay the rent, I will need to transfer some money out of my savings until then because the rent is due on the 1st, which is Friday.

I will do laundry today. I need to strip my bed again and do the towels and underwear.

Right now I need to get dressed and have my oatmeal and coffee for breakfast.

So more later...

I stripped my bed and have the wash, the bedding and the other things in the basket done.  They are all in the dryer now. I have dressed and had my breakfast too. I have also fed the various cats and kittens. I will have to go to Dollar General and get some more cat food today. When you are feeding two ferrel adult cats and four kittens, it takes a lot of cat food. I also need to get some bread. I generally don't eat bread but Suzanne gave me some meatloaf yesterday before she left. She thought it would make some good sandwiches. I also will need some bread for the communion on next Sunday. Then I will send the remainder of the loaf home with Bob.

When the sheets are dry, I will remake the bed and by then, Dollar General should be open.

More even later...

I remade the bed and put away the laundry. Now I am watching the CBS news. It's a little after 9:00AM now. After that is over, I will go to Dollar General.

More later...

I called Nancy to see how she was feeling today and she was perky and fine and she wanted to go to breakfast. I had had breakfast but it was almost noon so I decided to have brunch instead. So I picked her up and we went to Eggberts. She insisted on picking up the tab. So I let her. We really take turns picking up the tab. She wanted to drop by the museum and see what was going on there, so we did that first. Afterward, I dropped by the apartment to pick up my list and we went to Dollar General. She bought some Halloween candy and some soup and I got bread and cat food. Ordinarily, I don't buy bread but I have to do the communion next Sunday so I thought I would use it there. Suzanne left me that meatloaf for meatloaf sandwiches yesterday so I will also make some meatloaf sandwiches. Then I will give the rest of the bread to Bob on Wednesday.

After that I took Nancy home and came home myself. It is chilly today and I have the furnace up to 73 degrees. It is still chilly.

More later...

I worked on my talk for Sunday this afternoon. I went over it. It will be  a small congregation next Sunday. Two or three of the congregation told me they would be out of town next Sunday.

About 7:00PM, I took my bath and bandaged my toe again and put my PJs on. I am trying to stay up until 9:00PM when "Bull" comes on. It's one of two TV shows I watch. "Lucky Dog" on Saturday morning on CBS is the other show I watch. The rest is trash in my opinion. Television has gone either stupid or horrifying.  I don't need to be horrified at my age or watch stupidity either. There's enough wrong with our world anymore. It doesn't need any more inspiration for violence or stupidity.

After "Bull" is over, I will go on to bed at 10:00PM.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm so glad you finally got a good night's sleep.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Kay. I am too