Saturday, November 2, 2019

Saturday and Another Cold day

The neat thing about cold weather (if there is anything neat about it) is that I seem to sleep a lot better. I cover my legs with additional afghans  I slept through the night last night and got up at my usual 5:00AM. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day and had my oatmeal and coffee and even fed the cats. Poor things...I wonder where they will spend the winter for shelter.

I was reading the New York Times headlines this morning and found this bit of news.

"President Trump offered a vivid account of the ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi “crying and screaming” in the final minutes before his death. The only problem: No one else knows what he’s talking about." 

Why am I not surprised.  Another figment of his fantasy over- active imagination.

I don't have a plan for today.  I may do my usual "Thursday"  cleaning. It's Friday, I know, but I never got around to cleaning yesterday. I will at least do my bare floors and if the spirit moves me, I may vacuum too.

I do need to go to the library when it opens and take that audio book back to them. Hopefully, they will be open today on their regular schedule. For some strange reason, they were closed yesterday...all day.

Tuesday is election day in Kansas.  I must remember to go vote for the Kansas people.  I believe we vote at the Cornerstone Church. I was by there yesterday and there must have been a hundred cars there and fire trucks and police cars. I had to detour down the road a piece down by Spears to get to the Dollar General store.  Later when I was out again, there was a huge funeral procession coming north down the highway to the cemetery . It must have been a huge funeral.

More later......I went to the library after it opened. I wanted to go to the post office but they had closed at 10:00AM in Caney. So I went to Joyce's store and had a hot fudge sundae.  It was delicious.  

Then I called Nancy to see if she wanted to run down to Bartlesville with me. She was sick again.  I had gone to Mildred's Market for her Christmas open house and bought another Montana West purse.  It had been plainly marked $49.00 and had been marked down to $17.00.  It was brand new and still had the original tags on it. So then I went on down to TJ Maxx in Bartlesville and bought another billfold that matched the purse. It was also a fraction of it's original price.

I got home and checked my e-mail and I had a notice from Cox that my last payment had not gone through. They wanted me to send them my banking information and I knew that it had gone through because it had showed up on my bank statement. But it was a cox.net address that it came from so I called Cox and checked it out.  They agreed that I had paid the bill. The e-mail had said they billed my Discover card. I don't have a Discover card.  

So even though it came from cox.net, it was a phishing scam. I told the woman I talked to at Cox that I was forwarding that e-mail on to their phishingreport@cox.net address so they could check it out before some of their other customers could be scammed. I sent it on to their scam checking address because if the scam had come to me with their real e-mail address on it, some other old person may have bit and given out their billing/bank information and could be fleeced.

Anyhow, I knew I had paid my last bill on October 10th and that is what their records said too.  My next bill will be paid on November 13th. 

Now I am going to warm up some leftover soup I had yesterday and eat the rest of that for my late lunch. It is 4:30PM now.

More later.... 

I ate the soup and watched "Bull" on CBS TV at 7:00PM. Evidently because of the football game they moved it up to 7:00PM instead of 9:00PM tonight.  After that, I took my bath and watched an episode of "Murder She Wrote" before I went to bed at 9:00PM. 


No comments: