Monday, November 4, 2019

Monday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night. I only woke up once and I went to the bathroom and then went back to bed and back to sleep. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and Chai and fed the cats. They were really hungry this morning. Of course, it's really chilly out there. According the the local weather, it's 39 degrees.and 7:45AM. I hope it warms up some today so I can finish my mowing.

I may drop by the food bank this morning and see if they have any fruit available. I bought bananas at Walmart last week but I have eaten one each day and now they are gone. They are good for potassium. Us older people always need potassium as we age. 

Tomorrow is local election day and I will go vote in the morning. 

I may bake cookies today and take them to bunco at the senior center for my treat on Wednesday. I may meet Bob for breakfast then at 7:00AM if it's not raining and then will get my hair done, go to the library and return the book I read last week, get gas at Woodshed and then in the afternoon at 1:00PM, go to the senior center for bunco.

Then I will go back to Coffeyville on Thursday to meet Bill Wade. He is going to give me a check to repay me for my expenditures on the class packets I sent out last month. It came to over $100.00 with the folders, postage and the manila envelopes I sent the class's material off in. He will be in Coffeyville Thursday and Friday.

More later...it's time for CBS news.

I did bake peanut butter criss cross cookies for the Wednesday bunco game at the senior center on Wednesday afternoon. I did some cleaning too and also swept out the garage. I would blow it out with my blower but the car was just washed and that would get it dirty again. In just a little while I will eat the chili I made last week and save the leftover Mexican food for tomorrow. I am hungry already and it's not quite 11:00AM.

I ate my chili from last week at 11:30AM. It was still very good. I have resisted the impulse to eat a cookie. I had a small piece of my Halloween candy earlier.. It turned out to be a lovely day and I think I will just forget about mowing. There are still plenty of leaves on my trees...and those of the neighbor across the street...and his blow over to my yard. It would be futile to try to stay ahead of that mess. If anything, I will rake them into piles and vacuum them up with my leaf vacuum. That would probably be easier then mowing them anyhow. That darn leaf vacuum is so heavy though.

I will drop over to the food pantry and see if they have any fruit.

No, the only thing they had today was tomatoes.  I didn't need any tomatoes.

I took the audio book back to the Caney library this morning and stopped later at the post office and bought some more stamps.

I played some cards online just to kill some time.It's 3:40PM now and this has been a slow day. I did finish my book by Demi Moore.  It was a strange story. I had no idea she was such a complicated actress.

I watched the evening news and after  that was over I took my bath. "Bull"one of my favorite programs is on at 9:00PM and as soon as that is over I will go on to bed. I haven't done a lot today but read but I am tired anyhow.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Yay! Me too! I love it when I feel like I managed to sleep through the night.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it feels great the next day!!