Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday and a Brisk Morning

I checked after I got up this morning and it was 31 degrees and it's April 18th...Amazing!!

I slept fairly well although I fought my right arm and my draining sinus' most of the night. Finally I took an allergy tablet and finally got to sleep until 5:20AM when I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my oatmeal and my coffee  and will soon have  my Chai Latte..

The scruffy looking gray cat and his/her yellow sister/brother were also waiting for breakfast. I put all three bowls out there and scruffy gray ate fast and left and young yellow stayed just awhile later and the he/she left too. It is 31 degrees out there so I don't blame them.

My daughter texted me last night (and the whole congregation) that the world church wants us to continue shutting down the congregation building through the month of May.  We will continue doing church online until they consider it safe for us to gather. I continue to send out devotional e-mails to those online a couple of days a week and hard copies to those without computers.

I started a new Kindle book last night. It turned out to be very interesting and a true story about a couple who learned to be code breakers during World War 1.The name of the book is "The Woman Who Smashed Codes".  I will probably finish it today.

My son-in-law texted me yesterday about another painting he is working on. Since Hobby Lobby in Bartlesville is closed, he can't buy any more canvasses so he is painting this one on the side of his barn. Very creative! He is quite an artist.

More later...I want to get my Chai Latte.

I have had my Chai Latte and watched the news on 6 for awhile.

I will read awhile in the new book on my Kindle. "Lucky Dog" will be coming on at 10:00AM.

I see Trump wants folks in Virginia, Michigan and Minnesota to open their states now but there are protests against doing that in those states. Those folks are afraid  of doing that and I would appreciate that. I imagine he thinks the fact that the stock market has crashed because of businesses having to shut down and the mass unemployment will influence his ability to be reelected. 

From NPR:

"Relaxing social distancing too soon carries great risks of a resurgence of new infections. No one wants to see this vicious cycle repeating itself.”

And from the New York Times about nursing homes being "death pits" :

"More than six weeks after the first coronavirus deaths in a nursing home, outbreaks unfold across the country. About a fifth of U.S. virus deaths are linked to nursing facilities"

Bartlesville Oklahoma's Examiner Enterprise newspaper says one Bartlesville nursing home has 45 positive cases of Covid-19. 

I agree nursing homes are death traps.

I see Oklahoma is preparing to open businesses again. I have not been to Bartlesville since all this began. The reason is their lax rules on being careful. That's why they have a lot more cases and deaths then Kansas. Our governor shut down Kansas immediately upon when the first cases hit the  larger cities. To date, Oklahoma has 2,465 cases and it will be April 25th before they are projected to see it slow down..Kansas has 1,790 active cases.

More later...

At noon or shortly after, I ate the last of my chicken pot pies for lunch. Then I watched  the rest of that Kenny Rogers retirement special I started yesterday.

Afterward, I went up to Sonic and got a medium cherry limeade slush and brought it home to drink. I sat in my car and read my book on Kindle. Now I am watching the CBS news.

After this I will take my bath..around 7:00PM and then go back to my Kindle book until time to go to bed.

More even later...

No comments: