Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday and Online Church

I slept fairly well last night. When I went to bed it was 80 degrees in the apartment. So I turned on the air conditioning and turned it down to 72 degrees  That cooled it right down and I slept well after that. My arm ached but I laid it on a pillow and held it with my left hand where the pain was and that seemed to help.

I took a shower this morning and washed my hair. I then blew it dry. It feels and looks a lot better now.  It was itchy and needed washing. It has been years since I have washed it myself. It is so short that it worked out o.k though.

I had three cats waiting for their breakfast this morning. There were two yellow ones and one gray one. I took out all three bowls and they ate like it had been a long time since they had eaten.

I never did get the dining room vacuumed yesterday. I trimmed my hedge instead and then I had a large mess to sweep up and bag up. I was very tired when I finished that. I did get the den vacuumed. Today I also need to dust. Tomorrow I will strip my bed and wash my sheets and towels.

This morning at 11:00AM I will watch the Toronto, Canada, online service.  My daughter is going to do the "Call to Worship" for that one....by Zoom. It's amazing what technology can do anymore. Today, as the first Sunday of the month, it is the day we take communion. I will put out my grape juice and bread for that.

Then this evening at 7:00PM, I will watch the service provided by Zoom of our own Mission Center out of Springfield, Missouri.  I still don't have my mic and camera yet that I ordered from Amazon. It is supposed to be here by the middle of May. The camera I have is old and the image is blurry. I tried to polish it with a Q Tip but that didn't do anything to help.

More later...I need to get my Chai Latte.

Mama cat is here now and also scruffy gray cat is also here. I took two bowls out for them. Scruffy ate fast and left but mama cat is still eating. She eats with her back against the door so she can see if some other cat is going to come and challenge her for the food in the double dish. All the other cats eat with their backs toward the street. Also, when I open the door she tries to come in and the others always scatter a bit when I take the food out. From these characteristics I can tell her from the other gray cats. She is still eating. She hasn't been around here for awhile...ever since that terrible fight she got into with Big Yellow Tom some weeks ago.

The wind is coming up and we are under a severe thunderstorm warning.  Finally mama cat left. I should get the food back in the apartment before the birds start on it.

I got that done and even swept off  the little porch area and front walk. We're still under a severe thunderstorm warning but so far there's not much going on...not even rain.....just a light breeze.

More later...

It appears, looking at the map, that today's storm has gone north of us.  I hope it stays there. I understand we have another coming tomorow.

My beautician texted me this afternoon to change my appointment until the 20th of May at 9:00AM. It seems the rules on such things have changed again.

Two different yellow cats came for supper and the gray mama cat also showed up. I fed them all before the service this evening.

Then I read until time to watch the evening service of our Mission Center at 7:00PM. It was alright. The best part of it, though, was Bill Garwood's sermon although it was also good to see on Zoom those of our Mission Center that we haven't been able to see since all this mess with the coronavirus began.

Now it's time for my bath and for me to get ready to go to bed in an hour from now at 9:00PM.

No comments: