Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday and a Cool Morning

I slept very well last night. I did have a small problem though at bedtime. When I took out my contacts yesterday, I discovered the left one was torn so I used my last left eye contact yesterday. When I went to take out the new one last night. It clung to my eye and I was afraid I was going to tear it to get it out. Finally after trying about ten times, I put some drops in my eye and was able to get it out in one piece. What a mess.

But I did sleep well and didn't wake up until nearly 6:00AM this morning. I dressed and had my breakfast and fed three of the cats. Mama cat was here for her breakfast later after I got the food set out for the two yellow cats. She was determined to come into the apartment and I was just as determined to keep her out. We had a war over it. Finally she gave up and went away and I was able to bring the food back in so the birds wouldn't eat it. Darn birds!!!

I put that sheet I covered the flowerbed with in the wash this morning. It was damp and a little dirty too where the plaques I had used to hold it in place had laid on it. I need to put it in the dryer now. It has finished washing.

More later....

I hope it came clean alright. It had been torn when Missy, my cat, was alive. She scratched it with her claws one time and it tore but I had mended it by hand and was using it from time to time.  It came in handy to protect the flowerbed from the frost last night. The plants look fine this morning and I watered them

I have watched TV and the news all morning between eating and cleaning the dishes up and feeding the cats. At 10:00AM "Lucky Dog" will be on CBS and that is just ten minutes away. I always like to watch that program on Saturday mornings and sometimes I just record it if I am not going to be home or am busy cleaning or something else.

I have hung the hanging plant back out in the sunshine out front and set the one without a hook now out on the glass topped table on the back brick patio and I watered both of them. They had been indoors all night for their protection from the frost.

More later....

I folded up the sheet I had washed and dried and put it away until the next time it's needed. It came clean. 

One of the yellow cats came to eat and after he/she left I put up the cat food again and I got my trimmers and went out to the Bradford Pear trees in my yard and cut away the suckers that were growing up around their bases. Then I cut the pieces up smaller and put them all in my black yard bag. For me that was a big job and I am tired now. All that bending....

For lunch, I think I will go out to Sonic and have the Wacky Pack chicken strip dinner again.I am tired of the frozen meals from my freezer. It's only 11:05AM so I have some time to think about it and wait until lunch time.

More later..

I did go out to get that Wacky Pack  chicken dinner with french fries with a tiny coke. Then late rin the afternoon I ate the chocolates that came with my flowers from Leslie and John for Mother's Day. I was wondering how long I had had my 2008 Honda Civic and so I looked it up on this computer. I bought it September 24th 2013. I didn't realize I had had it that many years. That is 7 years. And it was 5 years old when I bought it. Wow! I do need to clean the carpet again when it gets warmer.I generally clean it every spring.

It is 7:15PM now and I have only fed one cat this evening Now I want to take a bath though so I will put this computer away and go take my bath. I had better put the cat food away though or the birds will get it.

More later...

I took my bath at 7:30PM and got ready for bed. I will watch some TV for awhile and go to bed at 9:00PM. It's almost 8:00PM now.


No comments: