Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wednesday and No Particular Plan

I slept pretty well after I finally got to sleep. I woke up a couple of times with my right arm very sore. Finally in the middle of the night I took a couple of Aleve. Then after they took effect, I slept well until 4:35AM or so. I finally got up about 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I fixed my oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and then opened the front door to see how many cats I had out there waiting for breakfast, It looks like three, one scruffy gray and two yellow cats.They dug right in. and I believe the are gone now. No, I was wrong. The Big Yellow Tom is still eating out there. He has a voracious appetite.

I texted my daughter, Leslie, last night to see if she was watching John Hamer's class on Exodus. She had worked all day staining their deck. She just came in to have some supper. That woman always has something going. She and John never seem to have a free moment. Between the cows and the dogs and his personal business, he too stays busy.

Suzanne texted me yesterday to see if I wanted her to pick up groceries for me today at the food pantry. I can use some fruit if they have that but I don't do much cooking anymore. Usually I just fix some cornbread and beans from time to time and freeze part of them. It's hard to cook for one. I will share anything I can't use with Pablo and Kylie, my next door neighbors. Last week I gave them potatoes, onions, plums, blueberries, tomatoes and  lettuce. I kept the bananas and some of the apples.

I see Montgomery County has 20 people with the virus now, six of them are from out of Montgomery County but only two have died still...those two are the original two. The woman had attended a conference of her church in Kansas City. She got the virus there and brought it home to her husband and they both died of it. That was months ago.

More later..I am going to watch the weather on the 8's and the news.

About 7:30AM I went out to weed the flower bed. When I came back in the living room I saw that mama cat was waiting by the front door for her food. She always crowds the door, like she wants to come in so I went out and opened the garage door. She ran around there to walk with me as I go to the front door to set the bowl down.  But I then went out the front door and tried to set down the bowl. She ran back around and crowded me and rubbed against my legs.

I had a time trying to set that cat bowl down and then when I tried to get back in the door I couldn't get back in the front door without her coming in too so I went back to the garage door . She walked around there with me, rubbing against my legs all the way. I had to be very careful not to step on her and also careful she didn't trip me. After I got to the garage and began to shut the door down, she finally went back to the front door and began to eat her food.  She's the only one that does that.

When I was out there weeding, I saw that Pablo had taken down that little tree that was growing into the foundation. He planned to pour poison into the roots so it wouldn't come back up again.

More later...

I went downtown and bought another hanging plant...not so large. The large one I had broke the hook/hanger. I had to just set it on a glass topped table in my backyard next to my yard chair.

I got a smaller one for the front yard hook.  Hopefully it won't break too. I have never had that happen before.

Here is the new plant hanging on the front yard hook.

 Image may contain: plant and flower

It is pretty and not so large and heavy.

Here is the photo of the one that broke the hook on the pot.

Image may contain: plant, flower, table, outdoor and nature

 I hope it will live if I water it twice a day. That's a lot of sun!

Watching Channel 6 News...Oklahoma has 4201 confirmed cases of the coronavirus and 253 deaths. Kansas has 5645 confirmed cases with 160 deaths.

More later....

I got my trimmer out and began  my trimming and the battery went down so I have it on the charger now. I may have to trim tomorrow. It depends on how long it takes it to recharge .

I had a letter to mail so I walked the five blocks up to the post office and back. I need to do that more often.  Twice a week would be better then not at all.

It's 2:20PM now and I finished my latest book, "All That's Wrong With the Bible". Very interesting. The author goes through the Bible and points out all the contradictions found in it. I don't have a problem with that because I do not believe it is inerrant.  It has lots of problems but they are the problems of men..either the ones who recorded the events initially or the ones who spent centuries copying it before the printing press was invented. Nothing written in the New Testament was written for at least 60 years after Jesus was crucified.  Those accounts came from the oral accounts of those who knew someone who knew someone who told them the story.

Anyone who has ever played the game gossip  knows how reliable that is.

And there are no original manuscripts...just thousands of copies...some just scraps and none of which are exactly alike.

It's nearly 3:00PM now and I guess I will go sit in the sunshine awhile..while we have sunshine. I can use the vitamin C . I will come back in in time for the news.

I came back in for the news. I watched a couple of programs I had recorded before taking my bath and then at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...


The geranium is really pretty.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. Thank you, Sister-Three!