Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept well again last night and got up about 4:45AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day and fixed my breakfast and coffee. I opened the door to three cats...two yellow ones and gray Scruffie. I don't see the two kittens right now. Some of the cats are still eating but one is drinking the clean water I put out there yesterday afternoon.

It is trying to rain. There has been thunder for an hour. That's what woke me up. I have washed the bare floors already this morning. Later, during commercials, I will vacuum.  That has worked out to be the best thing to do during commercials. I will start after all the cats are gone.

I have a 3:00PM appointment to get my oil changed at Honda of Bartlesville. I am going to get a folder out for the service record I have kept. They always try to sell you an expensive service and twice I had not had the service record out of the trunk and agreed to a service I had already had. You have to watch those guys at the dealerships. They don't have that special they have always had. The oil change went from the initial $9.98 with a coupon that I printed off their internet site to $12.95 with that coupon but now they have raised it up to over $38.00 and are not offering a coupon at all.  I am taking Nancy with me.  She needs to get out of that house before she loses her mind. I will also take her to to Anna Mae's in Independence tomorrow at 11:30AM to meet Gay and Adele for lunch.

I want to get my Chai Latte now so I will get back to this later. I will start the vacuuming at the next six minutes of commercials.

More later...

I got the bedroom and hall vacuumed during that group of commercials. Now they are starting another group so more later...

I got the living room vacuumed and am waiting for the next group of commercials to do the den. I may wait to do the dining room until in the morning. I have to drag those chairs out into the living room to vacuum it.

I got the den done during that last group of commercials and now I have only the dining room to do, which I will  do in the morning. Then I will dust again and be finished for another week

More later.....

I logged onto my Amazon account without a pause!  The first time in nearly 4 weeks I was able to order the book I was wanting.  I just put in my password and it went right through! I am so delighted. I didn't even need the OTP now....just my password.

I went out to Dollar General just a little bit ago and bought what groceries I needed.

I guess I will go watch some "Dr. G" for awhile.. It's only 10:40AM right now and it will be awhile before lunch. .....at least an hour.

So more later...

I had one of my Healthy Choice frozen meals for lunch. That was good. I was getting ready to go get Nancy so we could go to Bartlesville to get my oil changed at Honda at Bartlesville and I wanted to check my hearing aid battery, I had put it in this morning. Unfortunately it was not in my ear.. I started looking around for it. It tends to slip out of my ear and I had Stan put what he called a "lock" on it. That helped. I looked everywhere I had been this morning and was getting ready to go out to Dollar General since I had been out there at 10:00AM this morning. I checked the trunk because I had been in there too. I had watered the flowers so I checked there.  I went and looked  everywhere I had vacuumed. It was nowhere to be found. So I got my purse and phone and was going to go check out the Dollar General Store and looked down on the floor of the drivers side of my car...and there it was. I was so relieved. That thing cost a lot of money. I paid for it when I was working for the Green Thumb people after Bob died and was paying off my car at the same time. I put a new battery in it and put it back in my ear. I imagine it came out of my ear when I took off the face mask I wore at the Dollar General Store when I got back in the car.

Whew!!

I called Nancy and she had just come in from the beauty shop and wanted to rest a bit before we left. I imagine she also wanted some food in her stomach.  I told her it would be about 20 Minutes and I would be by. So I will leave to go get her about 2:20PM It's just 2:10PM now.

We got to my appointment at Honda at 3:05PM and they spent an hour trying  to change my oil and sell me an extra $70. worth of work. I told them I got my tires at a local tire store and they rotate my tires free of charge and I had it aligned at that time too. They were not real happy about that but there was not much they could do about it. So I spent a little over $39.00 to have the oil and filter changed.

We got back home about 5:00PM and I left Nancy at her home and came on home to have my banana. The Schwan's man came as soon as I was home and brought my chicken pot pies.

More later...

I took my bath about 7:00PM and watched some Amazon Prime TV until  8:50PM when I went on to bed. I was very tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know where I get my inability to sleep! lol. I either/or am up at 0200 or/and up at 0500 almost every night. : )

Margie's Musings said...

It happens. I get melatonin from Dollar General and take two and most of that time I sleep well after that.