Monday, October 19, 2020

Monday and a Quiet Day

I slept like a log last night. It was cold so I got out an extra quilt and laid it on top of the bedding and was nice and warm in a cold night. I also got out my winter pjs and wore them to bed.

I was up early as usual at 5:00AM and made the bed, got myself ready for the day and ate my breakfast and a breakfast bar, had my coffee and Chai Latte. 

When I opened the front door all five cats/kittens were there and very hungry. They got no supper last night so they were very hungry. I think they are mostly finished now. I don't see any of them out there now. Big Tom and Scruffie hung around and ran off the kittens for a long while so they could eat most of the food. Finally I went out and ran Big Tom off. He belongs to a kid on State street just up the street and he has been eating here.. I scatted him home finally.

I don't have  plan for today. I will take Nancy to lunch tomorrow if I can reach her on the phone to confirm our date and go to Coffeyville as usual on Wednesday. I believe Wednesday is also game day at the senior center so I will be staying all day until 3:30PM. I will e-mail Marilyn to find out for sure. If that is the right Wednesday that means I would have lunch over there somewhere. I am thinking I may make my coffeecake for our treat during the game. That would be something different. 

As for today, I don't have a plan.

I watched the CBS news until it went off at 10:00AM. It's been chilly today so I have stayed in except for taking my trash barrel to the curb for tomorrow's early pick up. Brrr.

Closer to noon I will eat my last frozen meal. I may go up to Independence later and buy some more frozen meals sometime later today.

I missed the first part of 60 Minutes last evening so I may go watch it. I recorded it.

More later..

I did watch the rest of 60 Minutes and the I called Nancy to see if she wanted to go to Independence with me while I got a few groceries. She was not feeling well again. We are still planning to go eat out tomorrow if she is feeling well by then.

I went by myself and got my groceries. I did forget to get milk though. I stopped by our Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush there.

Then I came home and put away my groceries.

I will watch the news and then read awhile.

So more later..

2 comments:

Kay said...

I do still have frozens which is nice. I’m jealous of your sleep though.

Margie's Musings said...

It is sporadic, Kay. Don't be jealous. :)