Thursday, October 22, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

 I was up at 5:30AM or so this morning. I didn't sleep as well and woke up several times in the night. I knew I went to bed too early. I am up now at nearly 6:00AM and will have my breakfast and coffee soon. So I will get back to this after that. More later...

I have had my breakfast and coffee and am working on my Chai Latte now. 

I just had word from my brother-in-law that another of my classmates, Bessie, has died. It was the coronavirus. Her sister, Peggy,  is critical. Terrible! We are down to 110 now out of 291. Of course we are all either 84 or 85 and we won't live forever. But as far as I know, this is the only one that has died of the coronavirus.

More later...

I went through my lists again and added my classmate to the deceased classmates list. We have had nine die in 2020.

More later... I want to catch the CBS news.

I tried to watch the CBS news and got my mopping and vacuuming finished during the commercials the way I usually do.   As I was finishing, the phone rang and one of my classmates called and wanted to talk so I missed the bulk of the CBS news. Luckily I had recorded it so I can edit out all the commercials and watch just the news. His wife finally told him he had been on the phone for 25 minutes and he needed to wrap it up. So he did.

More later...I want to have lunch.

I had my lunch of a Schwan's chicken pot pie. They are really pretty tasty. Lots of chicken and lots of veggies. Afterward I had one of my Schwan's ice cream bars for dessert.

I read most of the afternoon and then decided to do what laundry I had...mostly towels and underwear. I had a difficult time getting the water turned back on. After the people who laid my new floors last week left they forgot to turn the water back on and they made the faucets very hard to turn.   I worked at it for awhile and finally was able to get them turned back on. I got my laundry done and it needs to be folded out of the dryer...if it's dry. I will check.

I got my laundry dry and put away. I am glad I washed the jeans I got blood on while Dean was here. The front storm door caught my right leg as we were leaving and as usual, I bled like a stuck pig. I came back in the house and wiped off the blood and put a bandaid on it.   So this evening, I washed those jeans in hot water. I had first soaked them in cold water. The stain all came out. I am so glad.

I did not watch the debate. I was just not up to it. I did record it though. I have already voted so why bother and get myself all in a tizzy.

I read until 7:00PM, took my bath and went back to the book. About 9:00PM, I went on to bed.


3 comments:

Kay said...

My husband's cousin died of COVID-19 last month so it's definitely spooky. It's so hard to lose our classmates. I just got a notice from one of our alumni notifying me of another classmate being lost to us. It's really sad.

Margie's Musings said...

I got word today that another of my classmates had died of it and her sister, who is still in the hospital, is critical. It's tragic, isn't it?

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Here in the county near St. Louis I think we must be having a lot more cases. Both of my friend's brothers have it. One was so sick he lost 15 lbs in the first week. They are able to stay in their homes so far, but both are real, real sick. To me, knowing two people that have the virus means that there must be a lot of people in the stores and public with it. I'm thinking my husband and I need to do the shopping now by ordering it and picking it up at the store. My husband, who goes to the store for us, hasn't been wanting to do it that way because he thinks we will get a bunch of substitutions on products. I think we need to at least give it a try. In the stores here some people wear a mask because the store requires it, but I'll be darned if they don't wear the masks and either pull them down so their nose is sticking out, or pull them down under their chin. One of my friend's brothers was not a mask wearer, but the other brother usually was.