Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

This is the day I clean my apartment every week. That will keep me busy all morning. I was up at 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and a small piece of coffeecake.

I just got my Chai fixed and washed the dishes in the sink. I haven't had the TV on yet or fed the cats.  I always like to watch the "Weather on the 8s" before I turn on the news. I will do that now and drink my Chai.

I will also check out the cats.

There were four cats out there waiting not so patiently for their breakfast. I filled all four bowls and took them out through the garage as usual. Scruffie didn't stay this morning. Inky and his/her sibling, Blondie, were there and the lighter yellow cat. When they finished, I brought in the bowls.

I have yet to see the "Weather on the 8's". It should be on shortly.

I see we are under a wind advisory again today. And it looks like a rainy weekend coming up.

I see Inky and his/her sibling are the only ones still out there eating. The other yellow cat has eaten it's fill and has left now. 

I watched CBS this morning and in between  commercials I mopped and vacuumed the apartment. Now all I have to do is dust.  I will do that after I rest awhile....maybe even this afternoon.

I had my lunch and the Schwan's man came with my order. I gave him all the eight sacks I had saved. He was out of them.

It's 2:00PM now and maybe Nancy is home. I will give her a ring and see if she will answer the phone this time. I called her twice but could not get her..I imagine she went back to bed after lunch. eight

I went over to Nancy's but could not raise her. While I was there Sandy came too and she couldn't raise her either. Sandy gave me the strawberries she had got for Nancy at the Food Pantry and I fixed them. 

I have some whipped cream in the frig door and I will eat some of them with later on this evening. I had a chicken pot pie from Schwan's at noon today.

I gave Sandy the coffee cake I had brought to Nancy since we could not raise Nancy. 

More later... 

I got my dusting and polishing finished this afternoon. 

Everything is nice and clean now for another week. 

It is 3:40PM and the wind is still blowing so I didn't get any yard work done today. I will read for awhile and then watch the news again.

I will have a banana in awhile and perhaps some strawberries. That would make a nice healthy supper.

And that's what I did. I turned off the TV after the CBS news, read until I finished the new and latest free book from Amazon. 

I took my bath at 7:00PM or so and went on to bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

WE are having winds here that have already started rattling the shutters today. I hope we keep our electricity. The other day when we had the winds, a tree limb must have felt somewhere nearby because we heard the transmitter blow and the electric went out long enough so that everything had to be reset,but it came on again pretty quick. It is a little cold I think today to lose electricity for any length of time.

The little gray on top and very light gray on bottom birds that I call snow birds arrived a couple of days a go. That usually means that there will be a little snow in 2 weeks or so from my past observations. Our neighbor started feeding the birds again and there were 10 squirrels running around in the yard. It must have been slim pickings for the squirrels around here this fall, because all of the squirrels here are looking like little thin refugees. I don't feed the birds because it attracts rats to our yard.

Donna. W said...

Yesterday when we watched the morning weather, the map showed a high-wind alert for Kansas, but Kansas City wasn't included. I told Cliff perhaps that was because Kansas is so flat, because why would the wind slow down at Kansas City? Believe me, we got our share of it anyway.

Margie's Musings said...

I live in southeast Kansas and it's not flat at all. The flat part of Kansas is western Kansas