Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday and Flowers

I slept well last night and only woke up once to go to the bathroom. I was up at 5:45AM and am having my breakfast now. I have made up my bed and myself and am ready for the day, The only thing I have on the agenda is to dust and polish the furniture. 

Depending on the weather, I may try to visit Nancy today. I also want to go eat at Eggbert's at lunchtime. Maybe Nancy will go too. It will be interesting to see if cutting down on the amount of her medication will help her stay awake in the daytime.

It's 6:35AM now and I want to go watch the weather forecast and of course, check on the cats.

I am still waiting for the weather but I did open the door to three cats waiting for their breakfast. It's the same three..Inky, Scruff and Blondie. I took the double bowl out and the two plastic square ones. I didn't need the blue bowl for just three cats and they are doing fine out there. 

There are only two left there now. Scruff has eaten and left.

I am still waiting for the weather forecast for our area. 

It looks like we will get some more rain. I am ready for some sunshine.

The cats are finished eating and two are just hanging around my front door watching the birds across the street. I need to wash the outside of that door if they ever leave. It is 7:51AM now and I am watching for the CBS news now. 

I watched the news until it was over and then called Nancy. Her caregiver  answered and said Nancy was in the bathroom and she would have her call me when she was out. She never called. So I called again and her caregiver said she was not feeling well and was going to lie down. This is a bad sign. Last night she and I thought being over medicated may be the reason why she sleeps so much and also why she is so sick so much of the time. Evidently we read too much into that and she is still being "sick" a lot of the time.

I thought Nancy might want to get out and go to take a ride while the sun was shining and then go to lunch with me. I went to Eggbert's and had lunch by myself. Then I rode around for awhile before going to Myrtle's Market and looking around. Then I came home. My laptop was not connecting with the internet and it had been awhile since I had rebooted it so that's what I did. Sure enough, when it came back up it connected fine. 

I'm about to give up on Nancy.

I pulled the overgrown Dusty Miller out of that flowerbed and planted these plants instead. I will be  a lot happier with them! They are zinnias.  It was raining when I planted them and I was out there just long enough to read the tags. I did it for the color they will bring to the flowerbed. I got them at the Caney Market.

 May be an image of African daisy and outdoors 

I will need to get some more red mulch. It's 3:45PM now. I  got quite a bit done today after all... although no dusting. I will get to that tomorrow.

It's almost 5:00PM now. At 5:30PM the CBS news comes on. I usually watch that. In the meantime, I will either blog or play a game. 

I am so glad to get my flowerbed redone. I just threw away the Dusty Miller. It was too large and ungainly to try to save.

More even later.... 

After that I read the rest of the evening and took my bath at 7:00PM and read again until 9:00PM when I went to bed.

6 comments:

pat m said...

Is Nancy seeing a gerontologist

When to see a gerontologist?
Though above 65 is considered to be geriatric age group but the American geriatric Society says that a person should see a gerontologist when a persons conditions leads to significant impairment or disability and frailty and when the persons caregivers feel significant distress caring for the patient.

Margie's Musings said...

No,getting Nancy to go to the doctor is like pulling teeth.

Galla Creek said...

The flower bed looks good. Zinnias are a good choice.

I’m sorry about your relationship with Nancy. Not much you can do.

Donna. W said...

You have gone the extra mile with Nancy. You've done all you could.

Margie's Musings said...

That's so true, Donna and Sister Three. I am exhausted with trying to share some fellowship with Nancy.

Kay said...

You sure do keep busy, Margie. I love how independent and caring you are.